Topic: Install problem ! config.php

Hi !
When i have install everything  and copy/past to config.php  , and upload it  i get this mess" The file 'config.php' doesn't exist or is corrupt. Please run install.php to install PunBB first."   
ok"  so i go to install PhunBB   ,  then  i got this mess   "  The file 'config.php' already exists which would mean that PunBB is already installed. You should go here instead.  "  hmm   so i go here instead   i i got this mess again  "  The file 'config.php' doesn't exist or is corrupt. Please run install.php to install PunBB first.  "
What do i wrong ? 
tanx  for help .

Re: Install problem ! config.php

I forgot to tell i use  PunBB 1.2.5

did you call it config.php or Config.php? e.g. it has to be all lower case, thats the only thing i can think of, can we have a link?

and force reload of index.php, could be your browser that has cached it ... (ctrl+refresh)

me again smile

do i have to put everything i upload  in a map namned  PUN_ROOT  ?
i put everything in a map whith name punbb-1.2.5   When i installed   hmm 
Noob  i am  smile  incl  my whriting in english

no you don't need to put it in a folder you can call it any name,

"imake some chanches only in config.php    username ect." - you can't do that those settings are for the database

grrrrrrrrrrrr   I reinstall it again  same shit happen , its all there in the DB  , but  when i go to index.php     after i created  config.php  and upload it , this come up   $db_prefix = 'fob_';
$p_connect = false;

$cookie_name = 'punbb_cookie';
$cookie_domain = '';
$cookie_path = '/';
$cookie_secure = 0;
$cookie_seed = '02659c65';

define('PUN', 1);

The file 'config.php' doesn't exist or is corrupt. Please run install.php to install PunBB first.  hmmm maybe is better to click for free PunBB Hosting 
every things seems to be ok here i follow the info in install , its that f....   config.php     fault  tongue

err... wheres the top part of the config.php? you have to paste it all in config.php

try turning on debug mode, and you left the config.php settings the same as the ones you entered for the install?

where do i do that sad  noob  here  smile

http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=2658

hmm  i tried that now , nothing happen , still the same.
i must link from my page  to  ../punbb-1.2.5/index.php  ?  is that right ?
I use dreamweaver MX  thanx for all help you giving me wink

you don't need to edit any files when you install punbb only create config.php to enable debug mode you just uncomment that one line

Gortan wrote:

I use dreamweaver MX

That's most probably the fault!

Use notepad and create a textfile, and paste the information in that, and then save it as config.php ... then upload that file

I "never added"  any files  i tried to remove the 2 //  in the line 26 in common.php ,  and i copy the text to config.php and it still dont work. thanx  any way i give up !

Thanx Frank H  !
I will try that , i must reinstall all once again first , i removed all  tongue