Topic: Limit caracter for new registration ???

Hello, 
I want to know if already exist a modification to limit the LOGIN of the members which join has one certain count of letter and number.

Exemple

"Your LOGIN is limited to 12 caracter"

If it exist not how to make it ??? 

Thank you for your answers

N3twork

Re: Limit caracter for new registration ???

up.

Well there is an easy way to do it.
Open up register.php
find

<label><strong><?php echo $lang_common['Username'] ?></strong><br /><input type="text" name="req_username" size="25" maxlength="25" /><br /></label>

and replace with:

<label><strong><?php echo $lang_common['Username'] ?></strong><br /><input type="text" name="req_username" size="12" maxlength="12" /><br /></label>

That would be enough, but if you want to get a little fancy, you can change some other things, though this should be enough for what you're looking for.

Well, if he wants anyone with a little knowledge to be able to bypass it... smile

The way to fix it, along with the above change, is this (also in register.php)
FIND

else if (pun_strlen($username) > 25)    // This usually doesn't happen since the form element only accepts 25 characters
        message($lang_common['Bad request']);

REPLACE WITH

else if (pun_strlen($username) > 12)    // This usually doesn't happen since the form element only accepts 25 characters

still, "with knowledge" it's possible to have a name shorter than 12 wink

else if (pun_strlen($username) != 12)    // This usually doesn't happen since the form element only accepts 25 characters

otoh only accepts 12 char long strings smile

but he wants it to accept less than 12 he said limit to 12 hmm

7 (edited by Frank H 2005-05-17 09:46)

hmm ... I suppose we're taking "limited" in 2 ways (I take it as only 12 allowed, and you+smartys max 12 smile)

heh ...well we'll see what he is looking for I assume smile