Topic: Strike topic title

When topic is dead, I want to mark it as a dead topic by striking thru the title, how can achive this,

Re: Strike topic title

First of all close the topic (if its dead there is no reason to leave it open) then give it text-decoration: line-through in the stylesheet.

Paul wrote:

First of all close the topic (if its dead there is no reason to leave it open) then give it text-decoration: line-through in the stylesheet.

my_css_brain = null;
can_you_help ="PLEASE";

Here you go druvans...
Put this in "whateveryourstyleis_cs.css" at the very end of the page...

/*   Crazy Closed Topic Hack by Eris */

TR.iclosed TD.tcl a {
   text-decoration: line-through;
}

/* End hack here */

Have fun!

Thanks !.

But I ran into another issue, all closed topic are not "dead" like FAQ and announcement sticky post.
Now I really need to figure out a way to do this.

Thinking of deriving a new thing called "dead topic" out of "closed topic" and use  the CSS hack given above.

Topics which are closed and sticky have classes iclosed and isticky attached to them. If you add the following after the above hack then you should remove the strike through for topics which are closed and sticky.

TR.isticky TD.tcl a {
   text-decoration: none;
}

Thanks Paul...Didn't think of that. wink

thanks guys.

all my forum faqs are closed topics, but not sticky and not dead ones. so ..

Why not unclose the forum faqs but stop posting in that forum using user management instead. Other than that I think you are going to need a mod to allow you to make topics dead.

thanks again.

I was thinking of the same, may be for the time beeing, I will mix-match CSS and administration to tackle this.

once get time, I ll create a thing called dead topic.

BTW where is this iSticky and closed defined ?

druvans wrote:

BTW where is this iSticky and closed defined ?

Like parsed? Or otherwise?

Read the source...It will tell you all the different classes around each defined thingy.
Yes - Thingy.

Anywho, "View Source" is your friend.

thanks !