Topic: HElp

Help Please

ERROR:
The cache directory is currently not writable! In order for PunBB to function properly, the directory named cache must be writable by PHP. Use chmod to set the appropriate directory permissions. If in doubt, chmod to 0777.

The avatar directory is currently not writable! If you want users to be able to upload their own avatar images you must see to it that the directory named img/avatars is writable by PHP. You can later choose to save avatar images in a different directory (see Admin/Options). Use chmod to set the appropriate directory permissions. If in doubt, chmod to 0777.

any help welcome

Re: HElp

open up your ftp program, then find the cache folder and *probably* right click and choose CHMOD and tick the boxes or type in 777 and do the same for the other folder

CHMOD doesnt appear :S

what ftp program do you use?

5 (edited by scottywz 2005-06-30 20:09)

If it's the Microsoft® FTP thingy, right-click > Properties and under Permissions, check all the boxes.

Also, some hosts will not let certain directories be "world writable", so you may want to make that 755 (in the Microsoft® FTP thingy, check all read/execute boxes, and check write just for owner) if that's the case.

what ftp prog shuld i use as i am justing dragging stuff in with internet explorer

I use SmartFTP

thanks prob solved