Topic: Some more DB problems

I was surfing punres.org recently, and noticed a modded "super pack" of PunBB v 1.2.5, and it had all the mods I wanted to put on. I figured what the heck, saved my DB and original files, and then wiped the server clean and installed the modded version of PunBB. Turns out, whoever did it, did a horrible job, because the Private Messaging mod kept screaming with errors. I decided to wipe everything clean, and re upload my original files. I tried to import my DB via the DB Management add on, but that didn't work. I remembered someone here telling me to use PHPmyAdmin and importing there, so I tried, and still nothing. I'm gonna need some help for this...

Re: Some more DB problems

what error does phpmyadmin give?

I don't know exactly, but it's just not going through. And this isn't the first time I've had a problem with the DB Management feature. It just doesn't work properly. I don't remember who, but someone had to look into the DB .SQL file I had and edit it around just so it'd work.

well there were problems with the indexes/keys... but thats fixed now, anyway you need to tell us the error it gives or we can't really help...

I've only ever seen the error once, and other than that every time I try to update the DB it doesn't finish updating and the browser just becomes non-responsive.

try deleting the data in the 3 search tables from the sql file

I tried opening the .SQL file with Wordpad and notepad, but it's encrypted I believe.

Is that Supermod? I made a better installer/upgrader for it (only works with MySQL, though). It's in the release post, or try http://www.scottywz.com/phpxplorer.scot … e_EASY.zip.

it is not encrypted (unless you saved it as gzipped in which case extract it with winrar or something similar first

I've already tried extracting the file and still it appears as encryped. I've uploaded the file to my site. If anyone could take a peak at it I would greatly greatly greatly appreciate it.

http://jjackal.netcessorhost.com/punbb_ … -30.sql.gz