Re: Mambo integration

simkin wrote:

Yeah, I think Little Mambo (LIMBO) is more agree with PunBB's philosophy.

Yes, I tested limbo on my system, I liked it. I'm keeping an eye on it as it matures.

Now that I like. I even have a PunBB style which looks a lot like that.

LIMBO has moved very fast to the top of my list for my production site as of this morning. still need to do some testing tho.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Olle,

Hi, what's the status of this integration.

Don't know when Mambo 4.6 will be out but PunBB 1.2.1 is already out.

Thanks.

Seeing as it's been a few months since anyone mentioned this I thought I'd ask what the status on Mambo and/or Limbo integration is?

Me to, because I wanted to put my website on Mambo and all other board (I'm on Ipb 1.3 Final now) didn't sweet me. So I'll waiting for this integration. lol

Benoît V.
My Board

Me too.

Aour

Don't look at me. I don't like Mambo at all.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I crave this bridge.. recently began using Mambo because of its flexibility, and need to keep PunBB because of its streamlined-ness smile  Making a mobile PSP community, and a simple board like PunBB is perfect - but only if I can integrate it!

/.e

Rickard wrote:

Same here. I'm more of a simpler kind of person, myself. Trying to master the complexities of Mambo drove me nuts.
I'm using sBLOG right now...Fits my purpose. If I need more, I can arrange it.

36 (edited by cuteseal 2005-04-22 07:22)

hcgtv wrote:

Olle,

Don't know when Mambo 4.6 will be out but PunBB 1.2.1 is already out.

Thanks.

I too am hanging out for a bridge... I'm having to resort to just using mambo for backend article management for the time being...

By the way, there's not going to be a 4.6.  The next major revision will be 5.0 in mid 2005, with one minor upgrade and two bugfix releases in between.

Here's the roadmap.
http://www.mamboserver.com/index.php?op … &id=22

Digital photography news, reviews, discussions and more!
http://www.shuttertalk.com

The online bible for all
http://www.publicbible.com

Hi,

The problem is, Gardener make commercial bridge.
So, to me, wait his bridge is not a solution. use a blog isn't anymore.

Perhaps I have to investigate in LDU?

aour

aour wrote:

The problem is, Gardener make commercial bridge.

That's fine, for some people paying for a bridge is fine by them.

erissiva wrote:
Rickard wrote:

Same here. I'm more of a simpler kind of person, myself. Trying to master the complexities of Mambo drove me nuts.
I'm using sBLOG right now...Fits my purpose. If I need more, I can arrange it.

Actually, my problem with Mambo is that is it somewhere in the middle. It's not lightweight, but still very "static". I tried to construct a large website (for a Swedish university) in Mambo, but constantly ran into a wall and had to go with Typo3 instead.

sBLOG is cool. It was written by a friend of mine smile

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rickard wrote:

Actually, my problem with Mambo is that is it somewhere in the middle. It's not lightweight, but still very "static". I tried to construct a large website (for a Swedish university) in Mambo, but constantly ran into a wall and had to go with Typo3 instead.

sBLOG is cool. It was written by a friend of mine smile

sBLOG is nice. Everything about it is so simple. I just hope that he makes it easy to integrate punBB and sBLOG sometime in the future, considering the fact that they are so beautiful together.

I've already started releasing and developing templates for sBLOG/punBB that match.

When it comes to the whole website construction thing, I just hardcode everything. It leaves less holes.

I was not impressed with Mambo either. My biggest gripes are

1. Not XHTML compliant, in fact, it is a mess.

2. Upgrading after styling is a pain because if you upgrade it, all your work is lost. I know there's a way to work around this, but for most people wanting something done right away, you are on your own.

I also have used and installed Typo3 for an intranet, and that has a steep learning curve. I never cared for the scripting language it uses, but once I got used to it, I could hack it.

GET ON THE TELEPHONE!!

albn wrote:

I was not impressed with Mambo either. My biggest gripes are

1. Not XHTML compliant, in fact, it is a mess.

2. Upgrading after styling is a pain because if you upgrade it, all your work is lost. I know there's a way to work around this, but for most people wanting something done right away, you are on your own.

I also have used and installed Typo3 for an intranet, and that has a steep learning curve. I never cared for the scripting language it uses, but once I got used to it, I could hack it.

1. Mambo is XHTML Transitional "Out of the box". There is tag soup in there (tables and gubbins) but this will be fixed in the next version 4.5.3 - which will be released probably next September.

2. Mambo uses a template system - If you use a valid CSS XHTML layout you don't have to upgrade anything - this will be replaced by Pat Templating in the next version.

Mambo is really easy to understand unlike the steep learning curve of Typo3 and isn't just a simple blogging system. The community is huge and very helpful with many users willing and able to make a clean product like PunBB.

PunBB looks great and I hope there will be an integration with the best CMS and best Forum in the near future.

hcgtv wrote:

Punbo = PunBB for Mambo ... v0.2 RC1 is now available at http://www.nnexxezz.com/punbo ...

sweet, been looking forward to this...

must go play with new toy until it breaks... lol

h4ns wrote:
hcgtv wrote:

Punbo = PunBB for Mambo ... v0.2 RC1 is now available at http://www.nnexxezz.com/punbo ...

Anyone that know how I do to install this? Have installed the core and module, but where should I put the forum?

Pain can be pleasure if it's done right!

I was wondering if there was a way to transfer all existing users and info to Mambo using Punbo? I did the install worked perfect however it was set as a new installation. Help would be much appreciate it!

47 (edited by davestanton 2005-12-14 11:44)

Hi

Not that i know anything about this coding business, but hasn't  punbo done what your after www.nnexxezz.com/punbo/ 

i've been using it for developing my site and seems fine apart from the search function, i can;t seem to get to work.  Nayone got any ideas or know how to fix my problem.

www.1in3000.com/forum.html

cheers

dave

no downloads anywhere..... where can we find the integration to download?? mad

http://www.nnexxezz.com/forum/viewtopic-1006.html

Download link is posted on their board

http://www.nalan.org/uploaded/mod_punbo_latest.zip

here you go the lastest punbb mod for mambo!

Q

My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!