Re: UploadMoD

yeah when I uploaded common.php.. my forum would no longer load, It would only load a white page.. I had to replace it with the original... so somethings mucked up there.

Any advice on the could not copy file to server? is it a permissions thing?

oh yeah and each time I do upload it will list the file I uploaded @ 0K..
I try to delete it but it stays there, so it sounds like its not removing the entry from the db as well..

No, I still think it's just an issue with the script.
I've been looking through it, but I'm a designess - not a backend guru.
I make the front look pretty - the rest is up to the others.

That whole help with the coding is based on minimal experience and try-and-fail tactics.

Ok...From what I can gather, it's being inserted into the database, but the file isn't getting to the upload process. It's not even acting like it's uploading. The script recieves the info about the filename, but that's it. That's why you can't delete it....I think.

i get an error with the common.php file

it says something is messed up on line 57

29 (edited by aaron 2005-02-27 04:20)

I wouldnt use the common.php file that comes with the uploadmod.  I did not use it and the upload installed without any problems.  (I installed it on a test site)
I choose not to use the common.php file becuase when you open it up and look at it this is right there around line 25

define('PUN_ROOT', '/home/rutopia2/public_html/xworlds/');

so either change the line when you install, or do like I did and dont use it, unless your site directory is '/home/rutopia2/public_html/xworlds/'.

Aaron

30 (edited by Loiso 2005-02-27 04:25)

oh my! I have no idea how common.php got into my release archive. Removed it. I'm really sorry if it caused problems.

Now, on that "can't upload" error. The problem is that for me it doesn't cause any problems. Script works ok both on localhost and web site (here is example), so it is hard for me to catch possible bug. Perhaps it is something with server/php configuration... not sure. The error itself happens when executing following code (line 168)

@copy($file, './uploaded/'.$file_name) or error('Could not copy file to server', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

I can't say what's wrong with it yet, it just was copied from punUpload module as is and for me caused no errors. I will look more colsely on copy command tomorrow... too sleepy now.

P.S. does anyone else has this "can't upload" error?

sorry to be so thick at php, but how do i make it so i can install it on 1.2.2. i run the instal_mod.php and it says im runnnning 1.2.2 and it only works on 1.1 , 1.2.1 and 1.2.2
im confised.
sorry

edit the instal_mod.php file by changing this line

$punbb_versions    = array('1.2.1');

to

$punbb_versions    = array('1.2.2');

33 (edited by mark36ph 2005-02-27 14:07)

oh i have got it to work now
befor it said

$punbb_versions    = array('1.2, 1.2.1, 1.2.2');

but i changed it to

Erm, someone enable debug and remove the @ so we get better errors then this?

Yeah, I got the same error too, Loiso. I have the file permissions set correctly (the user that runs Apache can read/write that directory).

36 (edited by hcblue 2005-02-27 16:11)

I found the error. The copy line that reads:

@copy($file, './uploaded/'.$file_name) or error('Could not copy file to server', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

should read the following, instead:

@copy($temp_name, './uploaded/'.$file_name) or error('Could not copy file to server', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

After that change, the upload works smile

YaY!

Thanks a ton hcblue that fixed it smile

Now my only problem is.. I Cannot delete things, It says its removed but when I go back its still there

38 (edited by cows 2005-02-27 22:07)

http://img212.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img212& … ror5gh.png

^look at this error

^so what do i do now ?:D

39 (edited by erissiva 2005-02-27 22:17)

cows -

Ataxy wrote:

edit the install_mod.php file by changing this line

$punbb_versions    = array('1.2.1');

to

Edit:
Also, that part about:

@copy($temp_name, './uploaded/'.$file_name) or error('Could not copy file to server', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

didn't work for me.

40 (edited by Smartmonkey 2005-02-28 18:36)

any ideas about the problems with deleting files?

if you want to see this working on 1.2.2 you can try it out at my site

www.infernocc.net/forums/index.php

you have to sign up to use it though...

Is there a way to modify this to allow .xxx whatever extension you want? say a .mp3??

Smartmonkey wrote:

any ideas about the problems with deleting files?

Deleting files did not work because the uploader script assumes register_globals is enabled. There's two alternative solutions:

1. Enable register_globals in .htaccess (http://us2.php.net/manual/en/ini.core.p … er-globals). I discourage this. Instead, use the other alternative.

2. In uploads.php, after the line that says (about line 184):

elseif($_POST['act']=='Delete') {

add:

$delfile = $_POST['delfile'];

I believe that one line should provide a temporary solution, until a newer version of the upload script could be coded smile.

44 (edited by cozycozy 2005-03-09 02:06)

You are running a version of PunBB (1.2.1) that this mod does not support. This mod supports PunBB versions: 1.2, 1.2.1, 1.2.2

I tested version 1.2.2 and 1.2.1

but I can't even install
what's problem?

please give me some advice.

45 (edited by Ataxy 2005-03-09 05:19)

cozycozy wrote:
You are running a version of PunBB (1.2.1) that this mod does not support. This mod supports PunBB versions: 1.2, 1.2.1, 1.2.2

I tested version 1.2.2 and 1.2.1

but I can't even install
what's problem?

please give me some advice.

modify the installer script so that it as only your punnbb version in it oh and take the time to read post before asking the answer was on this same page

mark36ph wrote:

sorry to be so thick at php, but how do i make it so i can install it on 1.2.2. i run the instal_mod.php and it says im runnnning 1.2.2 and it only works on 1.2 , 1.2.1 and 1.2.2
im confised.
sorry

mark36ph wrote:

oh i have got it to work now
befor it said

$punbb_versions    = array('1.2, 1.2.1, 1.2.2');

but i changed it to

awesome, that fixed it and im able to delete items now...

it should be fairly simple to add the ability for mp3's to be uploaded shouldn't it??

I just added

$allowed = array(".mp3",".txt",".gif",".jpg",".jpeg",".png");

is there anything else I need to add?

47 (edited by Crissipos 2005-06-23 10:20)

Hmm I've a question on this mod.

If you go to my uploader (http://crissipos.e-dentify.nl/MoE/uploads.php) and upload a file.. then the layout is completly messed up after you upload..

Anyone knows how to fix this?

(Link updated.. didn't work)

Would someone be so kind as to host a copy of this and post a link? The original link isn't working sad

why can't we download this mod? The link is broken.
I would have liked to test this mod.

Ludo,

Yep? the link is broken ages ago,
and no one to stir.... ;(