Topic: Change user's password... how?

Hi, I've just installed PunBB and wanted to change a user's password. As an administrator, where can I do this? I can't find this option anywhere...

Many thanks in advance.

Re: Change user's password... how?

big_smile click on his profile ... and change pass

it's just me...

3 (edited by jz32300 2005-08-18 13:35)

Hi, I tried looking there but the option wasn't available. To clarify though, I should have said that this was a new user who had mis-typed their e-mail address, so the account wasn't authenticated.

Maybe I should be asking how to activate a user from the admin panel rather than change their password?

I've since deleted and re-created the user. But, for future reference, is there a way to activate an account which hasn't been authenticated?

Thanks

4 (edited by faax 2005-08-18 14:00)

yeah if you admin, go to Administration, than Options and modify options. Scroll down on Options to find all settings ...

it's just me...

no you can't activate users, there should be no need to, if they put their email in wrong fix it then get them to press forgotten password? or change their password from the profile which you can do

6 (edited by jz32300 2005-08-18 14:07)

Thanks faax, but I don't see the option there. The only related option I can see is Report new registrations which I have set to Yes as I want to verify e-mail addresses. Where is the option to activate an account in there? If you could point me in the right direction it'd be appreciated.

Cheers

there is need a valid user's email and you like admin can't activate somebody account ...

it's just me...