Topic: One tab to post/submit

If I'm in the message composition box and I hit tab it takes me to the Option "Never show smilies as icons in the first post" check box.  Hit tab again to get to the other option check box.  Hit tab again and I get to the "Submit" button.

I would like to request that hitting tab the first time from the message composition box takes you directly to the "Submit" button.  This would allow users to post with less effort... yes I'm lazy.

I.e., "type my message, hit tab, hit enter" instead of "type my message, hit tab three times, hit enter."

Thanks for considering it.

Re: One tab to post/submit

"type my message, hit tab , hit enter"

If your people come crazy, you will not need to your mind any more.

Try Alt+S

I never have a problem because I always use the quick reply box which is the realy lazy way to do it.

If you wanted to select the options then you would have to tab to them and then reverse tab which is tab tab shift+tab shift+tab enter. Thats 5 steps instead of 3 smile

Paul wrote:

Try Alt+S

I'm not sure what this means... search?

I never have a problem because I always use the quick reply box which is the realy lazy way to do it.

That doesn't work if you are creating a new thread or quoting someone (unless you manually quote them).

I agree that this is a nit-picky request, but IMO it would make PunBB even better (albeit marginally) than it already is.

Alt+S is the accesskey for the submit button. If you hit Alt and S at the same time that submits posts and the other forms without tabbing or entering.

Basically I agree with you but I have a strong aversion to making people reverse tab.

Ah... okay.  That's good to know.  It doesn't work with the AvantBrowser (it takes me to the search box).