1 (edited by n3Twork 2005-08-23 17:15)

Topic: Bug Textaera post block by NORTON ANTiViRus

Hello smile

Members oF my forums have a bug , when try post a topic or reply with the button "Reply post" le textaera is hidden !!! there isn't the place for write the reply :-s ...

i think norton Blok this textaera who considered as Publicity popup ...

what the soluce ?

ThX.
N3T

Re: Bug Textaera post block by NORTON ANTiViRus

I use Norton, so it's nothing to do with that...

Which browsers are they using?.

If its the forum I think it is (tekalouest) I just tested and it seems to be fine in IE5, IE6, Opera, Firefox. If it is a different site please provide the link.

I'm moving this to troubleshooting. If it was a bug I think somebody else would have mentioned it by now.

Yes is Teka.

The problem Appear with Firefox or IE. I think that it is of has norton's certain regulation....

i use Ie & Firefox i don't have problem but a i haven't norton antivirus.

I can't see why Norton would block anything, the post page isn't a popup, it opens in the same window. Do they get the same problem when they try to post a new topic rather than post a reply? If it were Norton it would seem logical that it would block all textareas.

Can you get one of your members who is having problems to sign on here and see if they get the same problem. My suspicion is that Norton may be interferring with the javascript used by the various mods you have installed.