1 (edited by StevenBullen 2005-09-21 07:34)

Topic: VALIGNMENT... On forum titles, categorys...

Ok a quick one for you...

Why can I not vertically align News?... no matter what I do it wont move. I think I am missing something very simple here but for the life of me I cannot see it.

(PIC HAS BEEN REMOVED) - as paul the great fixed my problem...

Thanks in advance...

Re: VALIGNMENT... On forum titles, categorys...

#punindex td.tcl {vertical-align: middle/top/bottom/percentage}

Just tried it... still no luck...

Will keep trying different options.. sad

If that doesn't work then something is blocking it. Have you altered the markup at all or is this standard PunBB. Best thing is if you could post a link then I can see what the problem is.

I have altered a few bits... but nothing drastic I dont think... here is the link...

Any help would be appreciated.

Marine Hunters Test NEW SITE

Thanks in advance...

I think I know why it doesn't work. It's because that contents of the first column is actaully an h3 which is inside two divs. Vertical-align only works on inline elements and content directly inside table cells. The presence of the block level elements wrapping the content means it doesn't work. The next question is how to get around it ....

All fixed.... smile Well sort of.... hmm

I cheated. smile
I have made the post indicators smaller, which have squashed down the size of the rows. But if you do come up with any ideas then would be appreciated as would prefer slightly bigger icons than I have at present.

Thanks for your input, I am just thankfull it was not me missing something simple. I tried so many variations but the bloody thing would not move... lol

Try .pun td.tcl h3 {height: 2em; line-height: 2em}

The dimensions are not crucial, adjust to fit provided they are both the same.

Paul wrote:

Try .pun td.tcl h3 {height: 2em; line-height: 2em}

The dimensions are not crucial, adjust to fit provided they are both the same.

Paul.... spot on mate....

Much appreciated... much better than my little fix smile
No doubt I will be picking at your brain again at some point... until then. Have a good day...

smile

OK Paul... That next brain picking time as come...

I now need to the same for inside the forum... sad
Why am I thinking this code should cover that too...

Anyway thanks in advance...

That code will only work on the index page because only the index page uses h3 tags inside the table. If its the viewforum page try #vf div.tclcon {height: 2em; line-height: 2em}.

It works perfectly...

Thanks paul... You trully are a great one. smile

plus... on the side... stop making it look so easy...its cruel.. lol

I only make it look easy because I wrote it in the first place, unravelling somebody else's markup is much harder.

14 (edited by StevenBullen 2005-09-21 15:04)

This is true...

The CMS's around are close to impossible in some sections though. PunBB does have a few things that are out of my league, but I mean a few. I feel I have done pretty well, and I am just trying to do some finishing touchs... which are the hard part.

Anyway on that.... I need you again lol

I promise its the last time... I think its something I have changed that has made this go wrong, but not 100% certain.

http://www.marine-hunters.co.uk/example3.gif
(Before you say anything, yes I would like straight lines... not ones like I have drawn lol + (them little post indicators will change))

Basically... I would like borders simliar to the pic.....
I done the middle bits easy, but once again no luck with the others.

Sorry for being a pain, but at the same time thanks for the help. It really is appreciated.

Looking at that picture I would say your problem (apart from an inability to move a mouse in straight line) is that you have set the cell borders to be the same colour as the background. Take a look at item 3.3 in your colour scheme stylesheet and change the colour of .pun TD {} to whatever you want. If that doesn't work then you must have done something with the border settings to turn them off.

Paul wrote:

Looking at that picture I would say your problem (apart from an inability to move a mouse in straight line) ...

hahaha

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Paul wrote:

If that doesn't work then you must have done something with the border settings to turn them off.

For some strange reason I had this in my code...

.pun .tcl {BORDER: none}
.pun .tcr {BORDER: none}

Which can easily explain the problem... So all fixed now on the forum view front.... for now smile

Thanks

Rickard wrote:
Paul wrote:

Looking at that picture I would say your problem (apart from an inability to move a mouse in straight line) ...

hahaha

Oh come on... the third line on the left is pretty spot on...

In fact... I done it on purpose to be like that.. because if I done it with Photoshop perfectly then you wouldnt of understood the problem wink roll wink

Ok I lie...