Topic: Server time again! It's all wrong

I set my server time to EST (NC) and it reports times like:

Today 01:53:03

But it is 9 at night at the server? The clock is set correctly at the server, I checked it.
Another screwed up thing is that the TIME FORMAT reports the correct time:
[Current format: 09:23:35] See here for formatting options.

This must be a bug, should not be this confusing to set the time.

Am I having fun yet? What time is it?

Re: Server time again! It's all wrong

it is not a bug most likely, since rickard made sure the time is right or else when we post items the time and date on the top left of your post will be incorrect. The main reason why, is most likely you server is in another timezone, or you forget that it is -4

Go Canada! - No matter what, except when Stephen Harper is Prime Minster!
NHL is back, GO TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS! even if they lose...
[Firefox Rules!] - [Amazing Race] - [My Site!]

I dunno Speechless,

This does not explain why the time format (under admin options) reports correct time, and posts are way off.

What is EST vs EDT ? I think the drop down needs to show "EDT" not EST.

or

Standard time zone:    UTC/GMT -5 hours
Current time zone offset:    UTC/GMT -4 hours

It is perfectly confusing, or the application would not have so many posts on setting server time.
I should just be existential and set it to what ever works I suppose...

I'm not sure what the problem is. Set the server timezone to the timezone the server is set to. Then let each user select their own timezone.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

5 (edited by goose2000 2005-09-29 13:43)

Ok, I'm stupid. Thank you Rickard, I went back and looked at my admin user settings, had to set the timezone. Then all was working good. I was too tired and grumpy last night to be installing web applications. wink

I think I will be a big fan of the punbb system,

John A

Hi all, I'm in VietNam and my local time is GMT +7, time now is 9:08 AM Dec 29 2005
I set it all in Admin Options and Personal Options but it report incorrect: Today, 19:51

What is the problem ?

And you are sure you've set the server timezone correctly?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."