Topic: how to update?

How can I update my punbb software to the latest version without losing members/posts?

Re: how to update?

Well, you can do it manually (using hdiff), using patch if you have it, or just download the changed files package and run 12_to_128_update.php

changed files package...ok ill look for that

I downloaded the changed files from  http://punbb.org/download/ are you sure I wont lose any data?

Yes, the data is in the database, not the files
Unless of course you modded your files, in which case you'll have to re-install your mods

if you want to be really careful, you can make a dump of your DB.

Ludo,

Ludo wrote:

if you want to be really careful, you can make a dump of your DB.

Ludo,

how do i make a backup using phpmyadmin?

Use the 'Export' option.

thanks

Warning: main(./include/common.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/apache/sites/client3/biggerthanbefore.com/htdocs/forums/index.php on line 27

Warning: main(./include/common.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/apache/sites/client3/biggerthanbefore.com/htdocs/forums/index.php on line 27

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required './include/common.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /usr/local/apache/sites/client3/biggerthanbefore.com/htdocs/forums/index.php on line 27

I got the following error what did i do wrong?

It means that common.php can't be found, check you have uploaded everything to the correct structure.