1 (edited by morpheus 2005-10-03 01:13)

Topic: Ordered List there's a way ?

Subject is the problem.

From many month I'm trying to create and display an ordered list by HTML and Extra BBCode mod but nothing to do.

I've saw that ordered and unordered list are disable directly in punbb base.css by setting padding to 0 and line style to none, there's really no way to override this?

Thanks a lot for your help and for any kind of suggestion

Byez

Re: Ordered List there's a way ?

Can you not give them a seperate id?

#bbcode ul
#bbcode li

etc

You don't need to give them a class or id. If .pun ul and .pun ol removes the list defaults then you just restore them with a descendant selector which has higher specificity and style them as you like e.g.

.pun .postmsg ul {}, .pun .postmsg ol {}

Using an id is a bad idea, you could have ten ordered lists on the same page. Since you can only use an id once on a page you would be screwed.

In fact PunBB doesn't use ordered listed so the entries in base.css are only there for the sake of completeness, removing them doesn't do any harm.

Perfect this the CSS theory that I've forgot smile

Infact use of specific ID not override original base.css style.

In fact PunBB doesn't use ordered listed so the entries in base.css are only there for the sake of completeness, removing them doesn't do any harm.

Really? I'm not sure because If you take a look to the code all base menu and admin menu use "OL" and "UL" tag.

Remove base.ccs style for list break off punbb style very hard, but I think your first solution where you suggest me to write a more specific css style class is the right way.

I'll give you a feedback as soon as possible

Thank a lot for your help

PunBB uses <ul> and <dl>. It does not use ordered lists i.e. <ol> anywhere.

Sorry you're right I've mistaken there's only UL in XHTML codem OL tag is presente only in CSS.

Thanks again

cool Ok perfect 4 U cool

more specific CSS class solve the problem big_smile

Thanks a lot again tongue wink