1 (edited by Shamir 2005-09-15 15:47)

Topic: Fatal error: Call to undefined function mail()

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mail() in /home/xotic/www/stand/forum/include/email.php on line 94

Why do i get that? I have postfix installed on archlinux 0.7.

Re: Fatal error: Call to undefined function mail()

Wow, that's odd tongue

Requirements
For the Mail functions to be available, PHP must have access to the sendmail binary on your system during compile time. If you use another mail program, such as qmail or postfix, be sure to use the appropriate sendmail wrappers that come with them. PHP will first look for sendmail in your PATH, and then in the following: /usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/etc:/etc:/usr/ucblib:/usr/lib. It's highly recommended to have sendmail available from your PATH. Also, the user that compiled PHP must have permission to access the sendmail binary.

Smartys I have postfix and now how do i fix it? big_smile didnt quite understand that tongue

Neither did I, I just found it when I looked up the mail function tongue
Check out php.ini about it?

You probably compiled PHP before you installed postfix. The PHP configuration scripts searches for a compatible mailer and if it doesn't find it, it disables the mail functionality. Try reconfiguring/recompiling PHP. That should do it.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rickard thanks it worked. BUT it saids it sent a mail. But when i look at the inbox there is no mail ;/

That's a problem with your postfix setup. I can't help you with that.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Hi am using argosoft, and am having this problem ""Warning: mail() [function.mail]: "sendmail_from" not set in php.ini or custom "From:" header missing in c:\wamp\www\email\testing.php on line 23""
and i don't know how to fix it . Can anyone help me?