Topic: Any ideas for an admin plugin?

Any ideas for an admin plugin?

Re: Any ideas for an admin plugin?

huh? generally you make a topic when you have an idea or when you have made the plugin

I have an idea for ya smile Some kind of database structure health check plugin. A plugin that compares the database structure (tables, columns, indexes etc) agains a template (the db structure of a fresh PunBB install) and spits out any differences it encounters and allows the user to hit a button or something to fix potential problems (mainly missing indexes, I can imagine).

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

maybe someone would like to add it to the db management plugin, i don't think it would be too hard epecially since the plugin has functions for generating the table structure

I need that, Show in table who is Subscribe to topic and what topic Subscribes

User Name | Topic title

If your people come crazy, you will not need to your mind any more.

6 (edited by scottywz 2005-06-03 22:15)

zaher wrote:

I need that, Show in table who is Subscribe to topic and what topic Subscribes

User Name | Topic title

hmm I'll have to think about that one. smile

thats a nice easy one, if you have the db management plugin then

SELECT u.username, t.subject FROM #__subscriptions AS s LEFT JOIN #__users AS u ON s.user_id=u.id LEFT JOIN #__topics AS t ON s.topic_id=t.id;

I released a plugin to display the user subscriptions. Connorhd, I hope you don't mind that I based it on your DB Management plugin. (The GPL allows me to do that.)

Last edited by Thomas Jefferson (1776-07-04 13:08:47)

if you have then you have probably done in in an extremely over the top way, considering all you need to do is output that query i pasted in a table (although i would tidy it up a bit)

Earlier, I wrote:

Last edited by Thomas Jefferson (1776-07-04 13:08:47)

Did anyone not notice that?

nope wink, i just ignore stuff in italic lol

Another useful feature would be for ADMIN to be able to subscribe users to selected topic(s).

Motivation:

Users communicate using mail and CC to all on a distribution list.
All mailboxes are filled up and some "drop out" of the conversation.
PunBB is perfect here!

BUT, to break the "mail habit" users would be strongly encouraged to use the forum if they receive Forum Alert messages in the mail.

If this feature already exist in some mod, please let me know!! smile