Topic: I got a question.

I am sorry and am new to computer things but my friend baught me webhosting from godaddy.com and I am trying to download punbb to my site but it is very confusing..

An error occured on line 58 in file d:\hosting\tehblade\forum\include\dblayer\mysql.php.

PunBB reported: Unable to connect to MySQL server. MySQL reported: Access denied for user: 'tehblade@winhost48.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net' (Using password: YES

That is the error, if you could help me I would be greatful cuz, well I am an idiot.

my msn is xxblade65xx@hotmail.com..

Thank you
Blade

Re: I got a question.

Ok, simply enough, you're not taking the SQL database with you. That database controls the whole forum.

Go and extract it, then add it to your GoDaddy account. Then if need be, mess with config.php again, and you should be set.

If GoDaddy.com doesn't offer SQL hosting, then unfortunately you can't use your PunBB install on it.

IdleFire wrote:

Ok, simply enough, you're not taking the SQL database with you. That database controls the whole forum.

Go and extract it, then add it to your GoDaddy account. Then if need be, mess with config.php again, and you should be set.

If GoDaddy.com doesn't offer SQL hosting, then unfortunately you can't use your PunBB install on it.

It does install SQL hosting but I have no clue what else you said can you add me on msn plz man?

Delete your forum package you downloaded from the downloads section

Delete your mysql and add another one

Download a fresh forum software package from the downloads section of this site

unzip it and once youve added it to your webhost go to your website

example

http://www.yourdomain.co.uk/forum/install.php

On the second page were it says transfer this writing into your config.php dont

Go back to your web host and were you uploaded the forum stuff to

example

forum

Create a new file called config.php and copy and paste that code in the white box into the config.php page and your done

Paultiscali, Why does he need to delete what he has already,

TehBlade, you need to either contact your host or read your hosts help files on their mysql databases, if you don't put in the username, password, database and host they provide you will not be able to connect.

Because there might be a file or something missing

There isn't, not from that error message anyway.

Lol can someone add me on msn you don't realise how totaly retarted I am..