Topic: Using ssi?

Hi,

I have an SSI command that I use to pull p a top header on every page of my site. I would like this header added to the forum with the same ssi tag - however it does not appear that Punbb supports ssi? Has anyone run into this problem?

Chris

Re: Using ssi?

Whould it be possible to do a php include rather than a SSI? It would probably make more sense to do that in the long run.

require '<file_location>';

If you insist on doing the SSI, make sure that the server side include is in the 'header.php' file, since templates do not evaluate any kind of code.

~Creaturecorp

I don't HAVE a signature, ok?

Hey - thanks for the response. I am not very familiar with PHP so do you mind if I ask you a few questions...

Would I have to rename all the files that used this tag to a .php extension?
Is it possible to include this php tag in an html file?
In file_location how does it want me to specify the location if the file is located in another folder. ie. url, virtual path etc...

Thanks!

Chris

I just did some research and if I tried using php or asp I would have to end each file in that extension changing it from the .html

This would require alot of rewriting in several different programs so I have to figure out how to do it in ssi. Anyone have any ideas?

Chris

You don't need to update your whole site, only the punbb code.

Let's say you're using this ssi tag right after the <body> part of your pages:

<!--#include virtual="/includes/header.html" -->

And you've got your punbb installed at:

http://www.example.com/forum/

Then you should look for:

// END SUBST - <body>

in header.php, and right after that, enter the following:

include_once '../includes/header.html';

That's it... smile

Wow! I love quick and easy solutions!!!!! Your awesome Sjon - Thanks!