Topic: User integration

Hello everyone.
I've search everything but didnt find what I was looking for.
So I hope that someone helps me.
I think that this sould be simple, I have a site, that uses mysql, and i want to integrate it it PunBB, but only wen somebody registers in m site, will be register in PunBB as well, I'm not looking to integrae stiles or any thing like that.
I'm not very good at PHP, but I think that a simple users sql query should be enougth.
I've alrready instal PunBB using the same database as my site, i think that it's the easyer way, but if it as to use an separate Sql database I wiil do that.
Hope someonde helps me.
Best regards, sorry for my bad english, keep up the good work

2 (edited by zeitgeist 2005-11-12 19:16)

Re: User integration

I'm looking for the same ... the other way around wink . I integrated punbb in my website too, a small selfcoded portal. In this portal users are not allowed to do everything wink . I mean, users are, but guests not. So how can I check in my code whether a user is locked in to the punbb or not? Any concrete functions to use? Thanks a lot for your help and hints.

Okay, started with using $pun_user. Is there a complete list of the []-fields somewhere out there or do I have to check the code for them?

Seems, all (most?) of the rows of table users are mirrored to the $pun_user-Array. I love you for that wink . If a User isn't logged in, is the username always "Guest"? Is this language dependant?

just put print_r($pun_user); for an output of whats currently in the array

Of course, you are right.