1 (edited by maxlabelette 2005-11-26 11:47)

Topic: [completed]Error upgrading from 1.1* to 1.2

hello

After evoking 11_to_12update.php this error msg is displayed:
An error was encountered
File: /var/www/free.fr/4/c/philippe.m.idlas/punbb/include/dblayer/common_db.php
Line: 59

PunBB reported: '' is not a valid database type. Please check settings in config.php.

what can I do?

thanks for your answer.

regards

Re: [completed]Error upgrading from 1.1* to 1.2

Have you followed the upgrade instructions to the letter?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

hello,

Yes indeed. I read install.html from docs folder and proceeded step by step until I was stopped by the error message. In fact, I checked that no forums where in maintenance, I then deleted all old files except file config.php and folder img, I then uploaded (with overwriting rights) files from folder upload into my forum on my site (folder punbb), I then uploaded the script (11_to_12_update.php) from extras folder into the root directory of my forum (folder punbb) and finally I run the script from my browser.

I run actually version 1.1.5 and I am trying to upgrade to 1.2 before upgrading to 1.2.10.

thanks for your time and answer.

Hmm. Could you post the contents of your config.php file? Don't forget to remove any sensitive information such as your database password.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

bonjour,

here it is :

<?
$db_password = '';
$db_prefix = 'punbb_';
$cookie_name = 'punbb_cookie';
$cookie_domain = '';
$cookie_path = '/';
$cookie_secure = 0;
$language = 'fr';
define('PUN', 1);
?>

That's what I thought. Your config.php is incomplete. It is missing a bunch of variables. This is how it should look:

$db_type = 'blabla';
$db_host = 'blabla';
$db_name = 'blabla';
$db_username = 'blabla';
$db_password = 'blabla';
$db_prefix = 'punbb_';
$p_connect = false;

$cookie_domain = '';
$cookie_path = '/';
$cookie_secure = 0;
$cookie_seed = 'asdf1234';    // Make up your own secret seed here

define('PUN', 1);

If you're running MySQL, set db_type to mysql.

bonsoir

thanks. i will try and let you know. what are the values for db-host, db-name, db-username?

The values you entered when you installed the forum. db_host is the hostname for your mysql server (commonly localhost). db_name is the name of the database you've installed PunBB into. db_username is the name of the user you use to access mysql.

ok. the script was completed with no errors and with no prompts? is it normal? the install.html doc. tells that we should answer any queries. is it possible that there are no queries?

yet i cannot access the forum.

No. It should tell you that the process completed successfully. What do you mean by you can't access the forum? Do you get an error message?

hello

sorry for delayed reply. finally I installed last version without upgrading. my forum was new and i could do it without losing anything. thanks for your answers and time. punbb is working fine. i am now changing it to my own needs.

Hello,

I use PunBB on my site.
It was installed by Free and the version was 1.1.5.

I upgraded myself to version 1.2.10 and I post how I did it on the proxad.free.services.pagesperso
Message-ID: <pvsqp1heo6bd7ac7mjbia1mqo3vf6s7mi6@4ax.com>

Here is the description : in french, sorry ;-)

Mise à jour PunBB version 1.1.5 (Installée par Free) vers la version 1.2.10.

Mise à jour effectuée, avec un problème qui a été résolu. Je le relate, ça pourra servir à d'autres.

Si on lit bien les documentations de mise à jour (En anglais), on voit qu'il faut d'abord passer par une mise à jour en version 1.2.0 avant de mettre à jour en 1.2.10. Donc, télécharger les versions 1.2 et 1.2.10, sans oublier les *nouveaux* fichiers de francisation pour la version 1.2.0.

- Effectuer une sauvegarde des bases PunBB :  http://faq.free.fr/?q=1134
- Effectuer une sauvegarde complète du répertoire PunBB.  Avec FileZilla, ça va tout seul !
- Ne *pas* passer en mode Maintenance
- Sur site, supprimer tous les fichiers et répertoires de PunBB sauf config.php et le répertoire img/
- Copier tous les répertoires et fichiers du dossier Upload/ de la mise à jour 1.2.0, avec écrasement des fichiers du site
- Copier tous le répertoire French de la mise à jour 1.2.x des fichiers de francisation dans PunBB/lang/ du site
- Copier le fichier extras/11_to_12_update.php dans le dossier PunBB du site
- Modifier le fichier Mon_Site/PunBB/config.php de la version 1.1.5 qui est du genre :

<?
    $db_password = 'mon_passe';
    $db_prefix = 'punbb_';
    $cookie_domain = '';
    $cookie_path = '/';
    $cookie_secure = 0;
    $language = 'fr';
    define('PUN', 1);
    ?>

par

<?
    $db_host = 'sql.free.fr';
    $db_name = 'mon_login';
    $db_username = 'mon_login';
    $p_connect = false;
    $db_type = 'mysql';
    $db_password = 'mon_passe';
    $db_prefix = 'punbb_';
    $cookie_domain = '';
    $cookie_path = '/';
    $cookie_secure = 0;
    $cookie_seed='blabla'; //Crypter les mots de passe dans les cookies
    define('PUN', 1);
    ?>

- Aller sur le site et lancer PunBB/11_to_12_update.php. Répondre aux questions.
- Si tout s'est bien passé, supprimer le fichier susmentionné.

Lancer PunBB et aller dans Administration pour, éventuellement, re-régler quelques options. Pour ce qui me concerne, j'ai juste eu à remettre le langage sur French.

Et voilà, on est en version 1.2.0.

La mise à jour de 1.2.0 vers 1.2.10 est plus simple à effectuer. Comme d'habitude, avant toute modification, effectuer une sauvegarde des bases et du répertoire PunBB du site.

- Copier le contenu complet du répertoire Upload/ de la 1.2.10 vers le dossier mon_site/PunBB avec écrasement des fichiers existants.
- Copier le fichier extras/12_to_1210_update.php dans mon_site/PunBB
- Aller sur le site et lancer PunBB/12_to_1210_update.php. Répondre aux questions.
- Si tout s'est bien passé, supprimer le fichier susmentionné.

Lancer PunBB et aller dans Administration pour, éventuellement, re-régler quelques options. Pour ce qui me concerne, j'ai juste eu à remettre le langage sur French.

Et voilà, on est en version 1.2.10.

Le seul point qui a posé un (petit) problème, fut la modification du fichier PunBB/config.php qui n'était mentionnée nulle part pour le passage de 1.1.5 à 1.2.0.

merci ;-)