Topic: Groups in 1.3

Hi there, I've searched a bit but couldnt find anything specific about this (I'm probably wrong tho, usually am wink)

Anyway, will it be possible to be member of several groups in 1.3, or will it be like in 1.2.x? I saw the interview and read about the moderation part set inside a group (which is one thing that would suit me perfectly, but the other part is the multiple-group membership, didnt see anything about that).

I currently run a site using phpBB, but I'm not really happy with that. punBB seems so much easier, not bloated and .. well, just plain better except for the group thing.

With 1.2.x, if I have a hidden forum that only a specific group can access, I need to make one group for that. However I cant make one moderator for just this forum it seems (the moderator will have access to all other hidden forums also. I will have to make a new moderator group for for only this one forum perhaps (?)). Also, if I have two hidden forums, and some members have access to both, I would need 3 groups for that. One for the first forum, one for the other, and one for those who need access to both. My current site with phpBB has 6 hidden forums and 10 or so groups :s This would be impossible to administrate in punBB if I understand the 1.2 group-system correctly (played around with an install for a while, and seems like this is the only way).

Sorry for all that blabber, but will this also be "fixed" in 1.3?

Re: Groups in 1.3

I don't think Rickard is planning to change it, its not a bug its just not how you want it, but we are never going to make everyone happy.

froste: Please don't post in two different topics with basically the same contents. I replied to your post in the other topic. Lets stick to that one.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rickard wrote:

Please don't post in two different topics

people love to try tho....

StevenBullen wrote:
Rickard wrote:

huh?

6 (edited by Paul 2005-11-30 13:17)

Connorhd wrote:
StevenBullen wrote:
Rickard wrote:

huh?

Post in two different topics the exact same or very simliar content.

All I was saying is they do try this and for some reason think it will get a quicker response.   neutral

EDIT
Topic closed for reasons that should be obvious