Re: PunJS New Posts 1.0

Is it only IE6 or is it IE5 as well.

27 (edited by Widell 2005-01-27 18:54)

I have only tested on IE6.. Do you have any sollution?

It works great on Firefox..

The mod I made happened to be changing the name of my index page, and simply changing the name in the file didn't work. For anyone who also has this, the fix is to add a / before the filename smile

ShawnBrown: You are awesome big_smile

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);

30 (edited by Jérémie 2005-01-28 13:52)

Does'nt seem to work for me. Test : I'm logged on a first computer, delete all cookies, relog, mark all forum as read. I connect with a second computer, no cookies, not logged, write a post. I refresh the page with the first computer, the forum/thread is marked as new. I read the new post, and use a link to go to forum index or thread index; in both cases the thread is still new.

Yes, im having problems like this too, but someone else has posted in the topic, not me..

Its a great mod, but still very buggy..

Indocron

I'm travelling right now so I don't have regular access to a decent computer. It might be a week or more before I can address these issues properly.

Widell: I'm almost certain this is a problem with the script. The compression program I used didn't like double quotes nested within single quotes. To compensate for this I replaced the double quotes with their UNICODE-escaped equivalent (which works fine on my English-language test forum under IE). I think this is what's causing the problem... and it will probably be an issue for other non-English forums until I get a chance to correct it. The nested quotes only occur once in the script--when it alters the visibility rules of the first cells in the stylesheet.

Jérémie: I'm not sure what why it isn't working for your forum. I might have to send you a version of the script with debugging turned on so we can see what is working and what isn't working.

Gary13579: I assume you're experiencing the same problem that Jérémie is?

The packer that I used might also be causing some odd problems of its own (with the high ASCII and required ISO-8859-1 encoding). I'm going to put a lighter-weight but unpacked version up when I get the chance. But like I said before, it will be a while before I can take care of these issues.

Latest Open Source project: [img=Templar PHP]http://code.google.com/p/templarphp/logo?logo_id=1251758459[/img]

TemplarPHP - A cascading template framework for PHP.

Its alright, ive grown attached to the normal way anyway smile
Whats happening is just like whats happened before. Someone new posts a topic, but the indicator stays blank...

I would just make it lighter, maybe remove all of these comments people always like putting in..

Indocron

Please, give alt. download link for dev. version.

Some people at PunRes have reported that PunJS New Posts doesn't work with the newer versions of PunBB. And I'm sorry to say that development of this plug-in/mod has been discontinued.

Please see Miles' Mark topics as read mod or wait for PunBB 1.3.

Latest Open Source project: [img=Templar PHP]http://code.google.com/p/templarphp/logo?logo_id=1251758459[/img]

TemplarPHP - A cascading template framework for PHP.