Topic: Why Java is not pure object oriented language?

Hello Friends,

Java is object oriented language. but why java is not support multiple inheritance? And pleaseSend
me some other pure object oriented Programming languages
list. Which Support multiple inheritance?

Devs

Re: Why Java is not pure object oriented language?

Multiple inheritance is not a requisite for an object oriented programming language. Personally, I prefer languages without support for multiple inheritance. It just complicates things. In most cases, you can solve it more elegantly with e.g. interfaces.

An interesting article on the subject: http://www.javaworld.com/javaqa/2002-07 … tance.html

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I hate Delphi because not support it.
If i inherite a component and make it support DB layer (for example), and have many components to inherite and thay are not inherited from the same root, or thay built by another programmer, i must repeat the code every time i inherite the class.
Also i have the same problem when add skin to this components, all thay have a Rect of window and painting the same method but i must again repeat the code.

Some time i feel not understand the "multiple inheritance", is that what i need or somthing else?

If your people come crazy, you will not need to your mind any more.

Well, multiple inheritance is the ability to have a class inherit methods and attributes from more than one class. For example, you might have a class that describes a Person. This class has attributes such as name, age etc. On top of this, you might also have a class that describes an Employee. This class has attributes such as employee id, job title etc. Now, to create an object that has all the attributes and methods of a Person AND an Employee, you need multiple inheritance.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."