Topic: Mark New Posts as Read

I have been using phpBB for a while now and was looking to try something different.  Something that is a bit more secure.  I was directed to PunBB and I am very pleased.  I've installed it in a test directory and just playing around with it to see what I think and I like.  I like it alot so far.  Of course, I have some reading and learning to do to add more smilies and make some other changes, but I have ran in to one issue and this worries me a little bit.

I created a thread and posted on it by myself about 5 times. But everytime I leave the thread and go back to the index, it still tells me that there are new posts in that thread. I go and read it again and come back to the Index and it's the same.  Still says I have new posts. If I click the button that says Mark All Posts as Read, then it marks it correctly. But once I post somewhere again, it forever tells me that there is new posts even though I have read them before.

Any help as to what may have happened or am I doing something?  Any help would be much appreciated.

Re: Mark New Posts as Read

Ok.  I don't get it.  It's doing the same thing here as well.  Is that just something with these forums that it doesn't mark them as read until you click on it?  Is there any way to change that?

Posts are marked as read per visit, new posts are simply any post since you last went on the forum, this is changing for punbb 1.3

Connorhd wrote:

Posts are marked as read per visit, new posts are simply any post since you last went on the forum, this is changing for punbb 1.3

Thanks for the info.  That really makes me want 1.3 to come out soon as I really like this setup, but that little bit right there will irritate me to no end.  Probably no estimated time for 1.3 I am guessing?  If it's not too far away, then I might just suck it up and use punbb until then.

There is a mod to change the way it works, and 1.3 is due yesturday tongue There is no date for it.

Connorhd wrote:

There is a mod to change the way it works, and 1.3 is due yesturday tongue There is no date for it.

hhmm....one more question.  If I get the mod to change the way it works and then 1.3 comes out in a few weeks or something. I'm assuming that mod probably won't work or need updating. I'm also guessing it's not hard to pull the mod out if I wanted too.  Correct?

I'm not sure how the mod works, but when you upgrade it will be lost so it doesn't matter much.