1 (edited by Dr.Jeckyl 2006-01-11 12:08)

Topic: how do i replace all link buttons...

with images i made? i found Connorhd's page on the punres wiki here, but it only covers one buttons and it doesn't replace the text just puts a background image in the cell/div the link sits in. not quite what i have in mind. i would like images for these: new topic, new poll, submit, preview, go back, report, delete, edit, quote, reply, move, close, sticky, delete multiple posts, show recent posts, show unanswered posts and show your posts. i know it's a big list and goes against what punbb is for with adding bloat to it, but i want my board a bit more custom.

i do however plan on sharing the style once it's done which is after i insert all of these buttons. unless i can't do it all via css then i'll relese a version without the buttons inserted but with the buttons in the package.

any help is appreciated.

edit: here are the imags i would like to use. i know they aren't the best but i made them and i'm proud of them, for now. tongue

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Re: how do i replace all link buttons...

It can't be done in CSS since the text for the buttons is taken from the language files. That is, unless you want to do some fancy and horribly complex superimposing with absolute positioning of images.

Replacing links with background images is not difficult, there are technicques for doing it which even leave the text only links visible to text browsers and screen readers and which don't require absolute positioning complex or otherwise. The problem is that not all links in PunBB 1.2 have a unique identifier so doing it without adding some classes in the markup would be somewhat problematic. It's also much easier if the links have inner spans though it isn't essential.

thanks for the answers guys. i went ahead and did it the quick and dirty way by changing the displayed "word" in the language files to html image urls(which works fine by the way), and it just doesn't look right. i think i'll stick with the link buttons for now.

thanks anyways.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more