Re: About RANKINGS

Oh, yeah, sorry m8!
I meant, the custom title, if i have the admin pic, and go to profile, and enter lets say "god", that wont appear, ok i got that!
But are the other members abel to put a name in custom title, besides having a rank-pic?

As i said before, i think its ok as it is!

By the way, heres the link: http://www.the-saint.se/forum/index.php
(its in swedish tho, but you'll notice the pics 'n stuff, i changed ure admin pic to 3 red stars, and mod to 2 red stars)

Anyway, about the admin img, its proportions is 126 pix wide, but can i cut it down to less?

your site is DOWN!

OK. Fixed it. Download the zip again. The only file you have to replace is ranking.php.

...the file is no' working "carnal"... smile

i need this fix? can someone send me the new file?

fly wrote:

i need this fix? can someone send me the new file?

Done m8!

And for ps21, m8, im gonna make ya dissapointed now, but i accidentally replaced the new zipfile (the updated one), and if it is possible just to change ranking.php back to as it was before the update!
(would like to have both versions, but only if it is possible,a dn u have the time)

But im happy happy, lol
thx for a great mod, im happy to get you're kind of help!

talk to ya later!

i sent you the original.

Have you both got it working now.

Sorry, my hosts are upgrading their servers and because its mainly for business use they do it late at night.

The file that is there now includes a fix which allows titles for mods and admins as well as a graphic. You can use custom titles for everybody but they should still get ranked according to the number of posts they have made.

If everything worked OK then your sites should look like my test site. You can use any graphics you want as long as they fit in the column.

They only thing you can't do is to have different graphics for individual members of the same rank. For instances, if you have mods with titles of mod, supermod and ultramod they all get the same graphic because they are all moderators. I am going to have a good look at invisionbaord and phpbb to see how they handle it and then come up with v2 of this mod.

If you want it to work differently let me know, it really is very easy to change things.

mannesan wrote:

And for ps21, m8, im gonna make ya dissapointed now, but i accidentally replaced the new zipfile (the updated one), and if it is possible just to change ranking.php back to as it was before the update!
(would like to have both versions, but only if it is possible,a dn u have the time)

talk to ya later!

There is only one line of code different between the two versions of ranking.php. It is on line 8 and reads $info .= '<br>'."\n\t\t\t\t\t\t".$user_title;.

If you want to get rid of titles for mods and admins then you can simply comment it out like this //$info .= '<br>'."\n\t\t\t\t\t\t".$user_title;. Remember if you do this you also get rid of custom titles for mods and admins.

I just had a look at your board. What might look good is to have different colour stars above rank 5 i.e. Grandmasters. What I mean is for ranks 1 to 5 you get the normal blue stars say 3 bright blue stars and 2 dull blue stars. Above rank 5 you get red stars so a Grandmaster would get 5 bright blue stars plus one red star.

H**l yeah, that would sure spice things up!
Let me know if you are gonna work on it, maybe even a sneak peek at ure test forum later, lol!
great, really great! big_smile

35 (edited by ps21 2003-09-21 12:22)

I have put up another version on the test site. This is how I would do it if I had a board with lots of ranks. Makes it easier to spot the top posters.

http://www.post21.co.uk/forum

Oh yeah!
That looks even better! smile

37 (edited by ps21 2003-09-23 02:11)

The new alternative versionis available for download as RankingMod2.zip at
http://www.post21.co.uk/psfiles

The way it works is that normal ranks get blue stars upto 5
At rank 6 members start to get red stars
Mods gets blue stars + red stars + 1 gold star
Admins get 2 gold stars.

If you want to change the number of normal ranks open ranking.php and change the value of $nrank (its at the top).

Everything else works as before. If you want graphics for mods and admins they still replace the stars.

38 (edited by mannesan 2003-09-22 22:20)

Hey ps21!
Man, I just wanted to thankyou, u have done a great job helping me and everyone else! (im sure there are more people downloading ure mod than the people posting in this thread)
So I think I speak for everyone, when I say, dude, ure a skilled muthaf**! smile

thanks m8, apreciate ure help! smile

ps. Kennel, this should be included in ure next version of a forum (if there will be a new version that is)  smile
its an awesome mod for an awesome forum!

Thanks. Glad to have been of help. As for being skilled, not really, but its surprising how far you can get with just a basic knowledge. I should thank you. I'm trying to learn php and the best way to learn coding is a real project, even a small one. Much more fun than reading a book.

Now for version 2, configure it through admin, name the graphics files anythng you like, upload graphics files just like avatars  smile

mega awesome man big_smile

Now for version 2, configure it through admin, name the graphics files anythng you like, upload graphics files just like avatars

an I really do that trough admin? I dont have anything new on admin/ranking sektion!
Maybe uploaded the files incorrect, or something! smile

42 (edited by ps21 2003-09-23 22:08)

mannesan wrote:

Now for version 2, configure it through admin, name the graphics files anythng you like, upload graphics files just like avatars

an I really do that trough admin? I dont have anything new on admin/ranking sektion!
Maybe uploaded the files incorrect, or something! smile

Give me a chance, I haven't written it yet smile
I was talking about an updated version of the current mods not the alternative version with the different colour pips.

oops...! big_smile

44 (edited by ps21 2003-09-26 10:58)

I have come up with yet another variation. In keeping with PunBB's lean and mean design I now have a version which does not use any graphics.  Take a look at

http://www.post21.co.uk/forum

This has only been tested with IE6 and Firebird. I would be grateful if some people could test this using other browers and let me know how it looks. Forget version 4 browsers, it disintegrates in spectacular fashion but then so does PunBB so I don't suppose it matters.

[EDIT]

Thanks to dues I now know it doesn't work in IE5 but seems to work perfectly in current versions of Opera and Mozilla. More tinkering to be done then.

All of these links are broken...:(
Anyone know where I can get a recent zip file for the ranking images?

I never updated it. It's really simple to do in 1.2 so I didn't bother.

Well, would you mind giving an explain how? That would be most appreciated... smile
~Goobs