1 (edited by bluedigitalmedia 2006-02-03 02:52)

Topic: How do I insert a mini banner ad (sponsor of a forum)?

I am wondering how I can insert some type of a banner ad on the main page for each forum section?  I have had a couple of inquiries about sponsoring a section of my websites forums - have like a 120x40 banner ad that would show the companies logo.

Am I making sense???  Is this even possible???

TIA,

Re: How do I insert a mini banner ad (sponsor of a forum)?

I actually answered my own question - roll

Do you still need any help?? Or did you get it workin?

My PunRes Wiki Mods:
1.) Remove Post Icon in View Topic And in Index
2.) Bold Links In Header
[img]http://www.the-artbreak.com/forum/img/smilies/socom.png[/img]

I kind of figured it out - can add html code in the sub forum description - am using phpadnew as ad server - works ok..

Hi Bluedigitalmedia,

I would like to the same thing you did on your forum, but I could not figure out where I should insert html code.

I have one forum in English, and one in Italian. Would it be possible to have the "Italian" banner on the main page of the Italian forum (not on every thread page), and the "English" banner on the main page of the English forum?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dario

6 (edited by bluedigitalmedia 2006-03-01 22:02)

basically - for the sub forums, there is an area for the description of the forums - input any html code in that box and it will render out accordingly.  SInce I run phpadnews, I generate the necessary code for the specific banner ad that is registered with the ad server - it generates the necessary code for insertion into a page.  Copy and paste the code - Pretty straight forward actually.

I'd just put it in the announcements part.

bluedigitalmedia wrote:

basically - for the sub forums, there is an area for the description of the forums - input any html code in that box and it will render out accordingly.

If I go to Admin -> Forums -> Edit (the link left from the forum I want to put ads in) -> Enter HTML code in "Description (HTML)" the banner is shown on the main page of the forum, right under the "real description", and not on top of the forum.

To make thinks a little bit more clear, I want ads to show here: http://freepops.diludovico.it/f9-FreePOPs-English.html
(anywhere before the thread list).

If I enter the HTML code in the description, the banner is shown in this page http://freepops.diludovico.it/index.php right after "Forum for english speakers"

Thanks a lot for your patience and understanding smile

Dario

elbekko wrote:

In this case, it seems like I can not use a different banner for each sub-forum, right?

One more question: how can I change from announcement to advertising?

Thanks for your help.

Dario

dariottolo wrote:
elbekko wrote:

In this case, it seems like I can not use a different banner for each sub-forum, right?

Thanks for your help.

Dario

Hmm, you can simply edit a lang file to change "Announcement" to "Advertising," but I'd recommend that you use the Extra Boxes mod (which includes an ad box) instead so that you have the announcement box available if you ever need it.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

dariottolo wrote:
elbekko wrote:

Thanks for your help.

Dario

Insert your advertising code where you would place the announcement - That is what I did for the top of the page for my forums - take a look at http://www.uwdv.com/forums

Thanks a lot to pogenwurst and bluedigitalmedia. I'll take a look at both links.

Dario