Topic: Submit button grey out

Well it's a bug I just had here, somehow when I replied I couldn't contact the server (it timed out, so I got a popup about it) ... so ... I had to copy the reply and make another reply and paste what I had written. As I couldn't press the greyed out button again to try to send it again.

I guess it functions ok to limit multiple posts, but not good for unstable connections wink

Re: Submit button grey out

True. However, it is, as far as I know, impossible to detect when/if it should be re-enabled. I think this is something we will have to live with.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Re: Submit button grey out

Unfortunately, another way to get the same problem comes about if you don't turn off the Browser's

"You're about to send information over the Internet. Are you sure you want to do this?"

prompt. I don't turn it off, so whenever I hit Submit, the button greys out and THEN this message box pops up. I realised I had made a type, so I simply hit "No, I don't want to send", I went back to my almost-post, but I couldn't Submit it again.

I know why it is greyed out - users who hit it six times thinking it didn't work, and then annoying other readers with the same stuff repeated. And, I don't know what the solution is.

Rickard wrote:

I think this is something we will have to live with.

Uh huh.