Topic: question about subscriptions

Two questions, actually:

A) how come there's no "show my subscribed topics" link at the bottom of the page, along with those other handy links? maybe this feature was deemed "not handy enough"? smile

B) why is there no option on the user's profile page to disable e-mail notifications of subscriptions?

Probably the answer to these two are the same smile

What I would like with these two functions, is to be able to subscribe to topics, and manually check up on the situation once in a while. I receive a LOT of e-mails about updates in subscribed topics on this board, and would like to simple disable those emails, and manually check once in a while.

What do you think about that?

Re: question about subscriptions

I think suggestion A is great. I never thought of putting that link there. The discussion has been up before, but we always struggled on how to add it to the profile in a nice way. Putting it down there with the rest of those links is a great idea.

I guess B is doable as well. I never really felt the need to subscribe to a topic unless I was interested in getting e-mails when there were new posts, but I've noticed that people use it in different ways. If there's a topic I want to keep up with, I either add a bookmark in my browser or subscribe to it so I get e-mail notifications.

Now, please settle down a bit on the feature requests. I'm swamped with work at the university at the moment and when the time comes, I actually have to implement all of this. Yes, receiving patches and stuff is nice, but my biggest fault as a human being is my inability to just accept what other people do for me. I have to scrutinize every single character of code and often change a few lines here and there. That process takes just as long as writing the code from the start. I have a quite fixed opinion on how PunBB should look and feel and how it should be coded. Don't misunderstand me, I deeply respect the work some of you spend on PunBB and I'm flattered that you want to help out. Keep it up, but don't drop too much work in my lap. At least not for another two or three weeks :)

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rickard, I know you're busy, and I'd be happy to help out - I can write that mod for you, if you'd like.

I won't have time to add it to 1.2 until I'm done with my thesis anyway. And adding the two features above would probably take like a half-hour, so you really don't have to. Thanks for the offer though :)

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

no problemo smile

i know this is really old but i was wondering if this is in PunBB anywhere as I need to start tracking all the good stuff I am finding here smile

Thanks,
Andrew

Yes, it is in. Look at the bottom of your main page smile

oh yea, right there on the Index link ... I think it'd make sense as well on profile under the "Show all posts" link but that's just personal preference and easy enough to add that there on my forum ... thanks again elbekko smile