Topic: Login box instead of the "You are not logged in." message

Hi,

This is a great tool and I use it a lot, so here is my small contribution... I hope you like it.

I find it nice to show the login box instead of the usual  "You are not logged in." message, so here is what I have done below.

First step, backup! backup! backup!

1. Open header.php and locate (approx line 153)

// START SUBST - <pun_status>
if ($pun_user['is_guest'])
    $tpl_temp = '<div id="brdwelcome" class="inbox">'."\n\t\t\t".'<p>'.$lang_common['Not logged in'].'</p>'."\n\t\t".'</div>';

and replace with

// START SUBST - <pun_status>
// Try to determine if the data in HTTP_REFERER is valid (if not, we redirect to index.php after login)
$redirect_url = (isset($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']) && preg_match('#^'.preg_quote($pun_config['o_base_url']).'/(.*?)\.php#i', $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'])) ? htmlspecialchars($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']) : 'index.php';
if ($pun_user['is_guest'])
    $tpl_temp = '<div id="brdwelcome" class="inbox" align="right">'."\n\t\t\t".'<p><input type="hidden" name="form_sent" value="1" /><input type="hidden" name="redirect_url" value="'.$redirect_url.'" />Username: <input type="text" name="req_username" size="16" maxlength="25" tabindex="1" /> Password:<input type="password" name="req_password" size="16" maxlength="16" tabindex="2" /> <input type="submit" name="login" value="login" tabindex="3" /></p>'."\n\t\t".'</div>';

note: I have aligned my boxes on the right portion due to preferences only, you can align them on left by changing the value on <div id="brdwelcome" class="inbox" align="right"> to "left"

save the file

2. open main.tpl inside include\template and locate the <pun_status> approx line 20 and do the following

<form id="login" method="post" action="login.php?action=in" onsubmit="return process_form(this)">
        <pun_status>
</form>

save and upload

That's it... I tried this on most versions and it seems to work fine...

I hope it helps.

Paul

Re: Login box instead of the "You are not logged in." message

Yeah it works!! Nice man! Like this mod!! So do members NICE WORK!

My PunRes Wiki Mods:
1.) Remove Post Icon in View Topic And in Index
2.) Bold Links In Header
[img]http://www.the-artbreak.com/forum/img/smilies/socom.png[/img]

3 (edited by cosmicosmo 2006-02-12 08:37)

you can put the form parts from step 2 into the $tpl_temp and it will still work.  a little easier as well.

PS also the Username, Password, and Login (submit button text) labels can be changed to $lang_common['Username'], $lang_common['Password'], and $lang_common['Login'] respectively to allow for non-english forums.

anyone know why when I do this my menu disappears?