Topic: quickjump without Javascript

To remove the Javascript, first backup your board, just in case.  Then open includes/cache.php for editing.  Search for "onchange" (it'll be near the end of the file).  When you find it, delete this section:

onchange="window.location=(\'viewforum.php?id=\'+this.options[this.selectedIndex].value)"

Save your changes.  Delete all cache_quickjump_*.php files and let PunBB regenerate them, or you won't see any change.

The Javascript affects accessibility because it fires when the selection is changed.  Someone navigating by keyboard (like I do when my mouse putzes out) would be unable to immediately access certain forums.  For example, I would be unable to select the forum three slots above the current forum, because as soon as I arrowed up once, the script would activate and take me to the forum one slot above me -- not where I wanted to go.  This sucks, so I took out the Javascript on my forum using the above method.

Re: quickjump without Javascript

what browser are you using?
(I need to hit "enter" after selecting another forum to be sent there, I'm on Firefox 1.5.0.4)

3 (edited by Ree 2006-06-04 10:35)

I mostly use Opera 8.54/WinXP, but the redirect script has the same effect in IE 6/XP as Opera.

From an accessibility point of view the way a select box should work is that nothing happens until you hit the "Go" button which is how 1.3 will work though I'm still looking at making it fire on hitting enter to ward off the complaints.

P.S. Oddly, I don't have any problem when using this site with IE6. The onchange doesn't fire until I hit enter though this is recognised to be a problem with selects. I wonder if there is something in the browser configuration which effects it.