1 (edited by yannlog 2006-06-09 01:40)

Topic: [resolved]a trouble with form mail

hello,

I used Punbb for two years and this is definitively my best forum.
I've integrated a lot of mods and everything is going on except the internal form mail (i've never used till this day).
This option is checked in my profile (Hide your e-mail address but allow form e-mail) but nothing happens.
I tried to post a message to a member clicking on his "email" but it only opens Outlook with its mail.
Something going wrong because i submit my choice in my private profile and nothing is saved.
It's the same with other options.
I probably modified a piece of code with one of punbb mod but i do not remember what & where ? hmm

Could anyone help me to find and replace the code/file to use the form email in my forum ?

Thank you wink

Re: [resolved]a trouble with form mail

Are you the administrator? I believe the admin has access to everyone's email wink

The option for form email is for when people want to email YOU. wink

ortzinator wrote:

The option for form email is for when people want to email YOU. wink

On these forums I still click on my name and get the misc link, not my email. It has to do with being Admin I believe

5 (edited by yannlog 2006-06-09 00:53)

Are you sure because i try a member account to use the form mail and it did not work anymore ?!?
When i click on your email it's working and your url is like that : http://punbb.org/forums/misc.php?email=1209
... Send e-mail to Smartys so it's like what i want.

yannlog wrote:

Are you sure because i try a member account to use the form mail and it did not work anymore ?!?
When i click on your email it's working and your url is like that : http://punbb.org/forums/misc.php?email=1209
... Send e-mail to Smartys so it's like what i want.

Like I said, are you the Administrator? If so, I think that behavior is expected. Try registering a regular member account on your forum and see

7 (edited by yannlog 2006-06-09 01:42)

You're totally right, thank you. Everything works fine with a member account. It must have been coded like that.
The admin did not see his own profile modification like hiding email or using form mail (except in the profile message of each member : send email) but it works for members.
Good night ... hum everybody sleeping in France ... bbye wink