Topic: Manually add a user

I lost my previous host but I got a back up of my IPB forums right before that happened. I converted IPB to punBB and the passwords don't work because of the way IPB does its passwords. So I cant logon to my admin account. I would do forgot password but I dont have access to that email anymore. Is there a way to add an admin with a MySQL query? I don't know much about MySQL.

Re: Manually add a user

Well, there are easier ways tongue

1. Change the email on the admin account

update prefixusers set email="new_email" where id = user_id

Replace prefix with the db_prefix, new_email with the new email address, user_id with the account's ID number

2. Change the admin's password

update prefixusers set password=md5('newpass') where id = user_id

Replace prefix with the db_prefix, newpass with the new password, user_id with the account's ID number

Thank you! That worked perfect. New problem though sad

I'm not an admin anymore, I guess it demoted me when I converted. Is there a solution to this?

update prefixusers set group_id = 1 where id = user_id

prefix = db_prefix, user_id = the user's ID

smile

Smartys wrote:
update prefixusers set group_id = 1 where id = user_id

prefix = db_prefix, user_id = the user's ID

smile

<3

d3dsh33p wrote:

Thank you! That worked perfect. New problem though sad

I'm not an admin anymore, I guess it demoted me when I converted. Is there a solution to this?

You can just edit your database directly (or with phpMyAdmin or something like that). Find table users, edit the row which contains your data and give yourself group_id -> 1.

http://www.info-mob.com/forum/ - Croatian forum only, don't bother if you don't speak Croatian :)