1 (edited by Kato 2006-06-22 18:50)

Topic: Mini Portal Boxes

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before or not...but it is an idea.

There are 3 or 4 different versions or ways to add in a Portal to your PunBB site.  They all do different things and supply you with different things...you know how it is. 

One of them comes with a lot of blocks and other stuff built in. Puntal.  I tried to install it and I got errors, but since much of the support, etc. is in a different language I decided to try and not sift through and translate everything and try to figure out what went wrong.  I just got rid of it.

What I think would help a lot of people develop their own portal and what they want on it is if someone put together a single post that includes the code for different boxes and what they do. You know, this code adds a top 10 most recent posts to your portal sidebar and then give the code. Doesn't seem that something like this would be too hard to do and in the end, would be a huge help to the community.

What do you all think?

Edit - I thought of this and thought it would be good to add as I like to use Drupal and they have an entire page dedicated to php snippets, blocks and pages that you can use in Drupal to do various things. A single place that lists a lot of the good/major code that people would want to use. It would be awesome if PunBB did the same.

Re: Mini Portal Boxes

That sounds like a great use of the Punres wiki to me.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.