Topic: basic html questions

As an example, take a look at this style: http://demo.punres.org/?id=37

What do I need to do in order to turn the two sides of the forum 'black'? I'm guessing something needs to be edited within the css file of the style?

Also (daft question of the day) - again, as an example, if I wanted to change the category to green what should I edit? Same with 'Style Previewer' to green?

Like I said...basic questions....

thanks,

Re: basic html questions

in the css file of the style you're using find body & change its background color to black (#000000)

body {
    background-color:#000000;
}

cheers. i've more or less figured out how to edit the cs.css file too, but cant figure out which piece of code needs editing for the colour (using the link in my original post) for where it states 'Test Forum'.

MadHatter wrote:

in the css file of the style you're using find body & change its background color to black (#000000)

body {
    background-color:#000000;
}

Slight problem with this. When I change the colour to black, it also blackens the colour between sections in the middle of the screen rather than just blacken the left and right hand sides.

Do I need to change something in cs.css?

Not too worry on the above. I've figured out.

I've been experimenting with another style today and basically, the only changes i have made are the images and also I've centred the forum.

The style in question: http://demo.punres.org/?id=105

I've changed the active and inactive icons.  However, the active and inactive images only appear within the actual forums and not on the main page under the categorys (so there is no way of knowing if anything knew has been posted when staring at the page).

Any ideas why this is happening?

The icons I replaced the originals with show up fine within the forums, so I dont quite understand why they fail to show up on the main page.

seems no matter what style i upload, the icons i'm refering to dont appear. is there something i need to do to enable this?

Can you give us a link?

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

8 (edited by pogenwurst 2006-07-08 19:27)

Sure. Can you then delete the url?

thanks,

[link removed]

Have you edited your index.php file at all? You're missing this:

<div class="icon"><div class="nosize"><!-- --></div></div>

which is needed if you want to display an icon (that's why the problem is occuring with all styles - it's not a style issue).

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

Thank you.

Whereabouts to I enter the line within the index.php file?

Just make sure the section of the code that prints the forum listing looks similar to the original index.php file.

<tr<?php if ($item_status != '') echo ' class="'.$item_status.'"'; ?>>
                                        <td class="tcl">
                                                <div class="intd">
                                                        <div class="<?php echo $icon_type ?>"><div class="nosize"><?php echo $icon_text ?></div></div>
                                                        <div class="tclcon">
                                                                <?php echo $forum_field."\n".$moderators ?>
                                                        </div>
                                                </div>
                                        </td>
                                        <td class="tc2"><?php echo $num_topics ?></td>
                                        <td class="tc3"><?php echo $num_posts ?></td>
                                        <td class="tcr"><?php echo $last_post ?></td>
                                </tr>

Wonderful. Thanks for your help.