Topic: Shopping cart system in the spirit of PunBB?

I am currently looking for a shooping cart system that is built in the spirit of PunBB. That is:

-easy, easy, easy to install
-streamlines and simple to use
-not loaded with needless and complex features
-easy to customize the appearance.
-supports paypal without additional mods.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

BTW, it would also be really, really nice if it was free.....

Re: Shopping cart system in the spirit of PunBB?

Your best bet is to trawl through the open source ones if you want something thats free.

One of the most popular ones is "OS Commere", which like PunBB, is PHP-based. Theres a readme that comes with it and theres support forums on their website which makes it fairly easy to install if you can manage to install PunBB too.

As with most of the Open Source shopping cart programs, you can change the look of the site to some extent.

It really depends on what you're selling as to what are "needless and complex features" - but OS Commerce looks nice and is easy to navigate. Supports Paypal too.

If that one doesn't appeal to you then as I say just whack "open source shopping cart" into Google and the world is your oyster smile

I have tires ocCommerce, and while it certainly seems to be a well designed program, I felt it fell under the category of needlessly compex, and I was unable to figure out how to modify it's appearance. Perhaps I really am stupid....

Hi,

I am bumping this because I have the same question.

I've tried OsCom... and ZenCart, and to me they are both on the 'trying to do too much side," and a overly complex.

I'm looking for a cart that is bare bones, doesnt try to do CMS / will play nice with MoveableType, and will easily inegrate into my XHTML compliant site...

Thanks for any opinions.

Have you all looked at: http://mymarket.sourceforge.net/

Anyone else? Surely the PunBB community (that appreciates tight code and XHTML output) has settled on a winning PHP shopping cart.

OS Commerce is frankly, a mess.
Zen Cart is a fork of OSC, and isn't much better.
PHP Shop seems to be on the decline.

MyMarket looks like it's worth investigating, but surely doesn't even have the basic functionality a client will need (I will post follow up after testing.)

No offense to non-developers or anything, but all of these self-installing PHP scripts are driving me nuts. How hard is it to upload a set of files and customize the config file? I DO NOT want a package with "themes," smarty templates, etc. I just want a clean basic package with good coding style so I can build the functionality I need, and modify the appearance to fit into client sites.

Frankly, if you can't modify clean XHTML output to look the way you want, you are not my target audience.

So, who's up for starting a project? Any like minds out there?

By the way, one of the most important features will be unifying login/register/profile/etc.

This needs to be abstracted OUT of PunBB for these purposes, and self contained, then PunBB and UnNamedNewShoppingCart Project can both tap the same auth system.

Unless anyone else has any bright ideas.

i start working on one.. and had a few people helping me out, but they all lost interest in it.
http://nalan.org/store.php
just need some db work done....

My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!

8 (edited by Dr.Jeckyl 2006-05-10 07:43)

i've been keeping my eye on FreeCSScart. it appears to be coming along nicely... well, the updates are anyways.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

9 (edited by downliner 2006-05-10 08:31)

This is how I incorporated my shop with Punbb. Their is only the one login, it pulls the header/footer from pun, and using hidden forums/usergroups you can have multiple order forms available to different usergroups or their status

www.yorkesofdundee.co.uk/bb/
www.yorkesofdundee.co.uk/bb/form.php

It is very few files -> form.php, order.php, and include_fns.php (this contains your array of products available, but I have now built my array within mysql for easier management)

I can send you the files to play about with if you want to take a look? It is not an online store per se but just a real time order form. Using a nice little hover feature though you could have an image of the product load when hovering a product title - similar to the effect on templatemonster.com's homepage....

Let me know if you want files posting.
Will

downliner05[at]hotmail.com

sure scott @ nalan.org

anyone willing to take this project alittle further?

ill zip the files i have so far.

http://nalan.org/store.php

im looking for someone to help finishes this mod it is about 65% done.

Q

To answer the original question, as far as I know, that doesn't exist. Clean, streamlined, fast, web standard compliant, easy to tweak... nope.