1 (edited by Decoy 2006-07-14 10:33)

Topic: Topicstarter = moderator

Hi everyone! I think that topicstarter must be a moderator of thread he created. He should can open/close/edit discussion. I'm sure it's one of the main idea of forum, isn't it? ;)

Re: Topicstarter = moderator

As far as I know PunBB already works the same way as most other forums in this regard.

The topic starter should not be able to influence the discussion in any way. He can chose to delete the topic, that's it.

Decoy wrote:

Hi everyone! I think that topicstarter must be a moderator of thread he created. He should can open/close/edit discussion. I'm sure it's one of the main idea of forum, isn't it? wink

I strongly disagree. The general idea of a forum is to be able to conversate with your peers about various topics. Moderators are the worthy among them which have shown in the past that they:

a.) have a brain and know how to use it
b.) can lead the discussion in the "right" direction
c.) can edit and/or delete posts which don't fit in to the discussion according to the specific forums rules and guidelines

Although, I see that maybe on some "more specific" forum this option could be usefull smile

http://www.info-mob.com/forum/ - Croatian forum only, don't bother if you don't speak Croatian :)

gog wrote:

Although, I see that maybe on some "more specific" forum this option could be usefull :)

Exactly! ;) I mean technical discussions... In this case only topic started is the best to know, when his problem (topic) was solved. So he should close thread.

6 (edited by guardian34 2006-07-14 16:07)

Decoy wrote:

I mean technical discussions... In this case only topic started is the best to know, when his problem (topic) was solved. So he should close thread.

Are you saying the topic starter should be able to close the thread after his problem is solved? If said person has to ask, then how would (s)he know what the best answer is, or when all possible answers/issues have been covered? I guess it would depend on what the subject is. smile

Regardless, this might get a more useful response in the modification forum?

Right! smile I agree and changed my opinion! wink Thanks.