Topic: Whether there is a software for reading a forum off-line?

Whether there is software for reading a forum off-line? download database, insert into the program and read outside of line! Somebody knows?

Forum russian php programmers www.phpforum.ru
localization of your program (soft, scripts and another) for Russia

Re: Whether there is a software for reading a forum off-line?

No, not that I know of, but you can always set up a web server on your computer then install PunBB on that.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

My idea create software which will allow use database of forum for reading without installation of the server.

So you want to create a dump on a user's request of all the posts/threads/forums they can access (say when a program connects) and then load it into a program to allows that user to go offline and read the forums? Sounds like alot of work for something totally useless in the days of broadband internet... =/

In fact before 2 year i have same idea, using Plugable Protocol and PHP4Delphi to run php script inside Delphi, but i stoped, (because i have not time to make it) and there is another scripts (like Wiki) best than forum, it not use a database, make it offline best that Forum with Database with make your user password and email out of privacy.

If your people come crazy, you will not need to your mind any more.

zaher wrote:

In fact before 2 year i have same idea, using Plugable Protocol and PHP4Delphi to run php script inside Delphi, but i stoped, (because i have not time to make it) and there is another scripts (like Wiki) best than forum, it not use a database, make it offline best that Forum with Database with make your user password and email out of privacy.

Excellent idea, is very pity that you have stopped development. I did not work with PHP4Delphi, you cannot tell more in detail

You must delphi programmer, With PHP4Delphi use php5ts.dll come with PHP, you can run your script inside your exe and take the result as text.
Now if we view the result as html web page need a "Plugable Protocol" (search in google), it is more power than fill WebBrowser object directly.

To use database you must include php DLL and extensions in same folder of your software, with MySQL dll, but MySQL dll is hard to integrated ad embeeded, PunBB can use SQLite and the last one is one DLL small and light.

The idea need some one work on it not have a job (like as student) and not married and have 3 childrens big_smile .

If your people come crazy, you will not need to your mind any more.