Topic: Is this not a little dodgy??

Here is the links... can they do this? gives the impression punbb is bad??

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en& … google.com

http://mewebhost.com/free/punBB.html?gc … EQodbHDmPA

I have screenshoots if needed.

Re: Is this not a little dodgy??

I'm not so bothered about the impression they give about PunBB. You get the same advert with many other scripts including Vanilla. I'm more bothered about the fact it may well be ripping people off. Whats the point in spending hundreds of hours in developing gpl sofware for people to use free of charge if they then get conned.

3 (edited by StevenBullen 2006-08-03 10:36)

This is very true...

In my eyes adverts like this is the same as the crap you get delivered with your free papers or magazines. You shake it.... and about 600 bits of crap fall out. lol. Which is no good.... because people look at this crap. lol

I really   like this part

along with 70 additional PHP scripts that every serious webmaster must have

I think somebody who needs this tool to install punBB needs a lot more before he should call himself a "webmaster" anyway.
A clue f.e. tongue

The German PunBB Site:
PunBB-forum.de

i like this one better:

Results 1 - 10 of about 12,900,000 for punbb

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Huh?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Search code.google.com for PunBB.
No results, but on the right side there's a sponsored ad for that installer program.

The ad reads

Sponsored Links
Warning Do Not Use PunBB
Until You Read This Special Message
We Will Help You Save Time & Money
MEwebhost.com/punbb_Warning_Message

StevenBullen felt it was dodgy (I think) because it gives off the false impression that the user needs to purchase that software to be completely safe while using PunBB

Aha. For some reason, I don't get any sponsored ads. Hence the "huh?" smile

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

if you do the same thing with phpbb you get the same sponsered ad but tailored to phpbb. pretty funny really.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more