Topic: What the hell is this !!!!

This I found in my stats !!!

/historyforum/include/common.php?pun_root=[link to hacking tool removed /pogenwurst]

Anyone ?

Re: What the hell is this !!!!

Erm, a n00b trying to abuse register_globals? (which won't work, as it registers variables, not constants) =P

3 (edited by Smartys 2006-08-08 22:40)

roflmao
tool25.png is a defacing tool tongue

It's someone trying to abuse a bug that was fixed in... 1.1.5 (pun_root was a variable back then, so it was a very serious vulnerability)

I thought it was noob hehe.... great ...

Thanks

Smartys wrote:

roflmao
tool25.png is a defacing tool tongue

It's someone trying to abuse a bug that was fixed in... 1.1.5 (pun_root was a variable back then, so it was a very serious vulnerability)

Hmm... someone found my forum today searching for "powered by punbb 1.1.3" (except without the quotes) (the 1.1.3 was from within a post). I wonder if it might be the same guy...

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

This is the guys IP : 190.48.106.43

No match, but that doesn't really say a whole lot.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

http://www.arin.net/whois/

look his host information up, and send his ISP an abuse email.

thats who I use. 

I use log4php w/ a custom logging appender, and use them when I render the IP to my logs, so its a one click reference on questionable users.

The statistics software I use, BBClone, also has built-in links to lookup IPs on Arin.net.