Topic: How to register or login user automatically?

I have created a password protected website and its has its own login and register webpage. What I want to do now is to integrate punbb into my website. When user login or register to my website, it will do the same automatically in punbb.

How to register or login user automatically in punbb?

thx!

Re: How to register or login user automatically?

Moved to integration.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

Get rid of your own login thing and just use PunBB stuff.
With PunBB you are able to make it so only members/moderators/admin....you can integrate just about all of PunBB into your site.
Best of all it's really easy to do.

I can't just get rid of my login system. I have implemented my whole website as a 'credit system'. Each contributors have rank and credits. PunBB will be used as a simple message board so that users can communicate with each other. I want in the background that PunBB and my website as a 2 separate entities so that later on, upgrade of either of them will not affect each other. Anyway, I was wondering if there is already a simple function in PunBB to add a new user or log user in. I skimed through Register.php and saw that adding a new user is hardcoded in SQL.

Oh well, I guess I have to go through PunBB's code to get what I want.