Topic: Many pages without posts ?

Hi,

Please visit my forum (5 page). You can see that there is 6 page on the list already, but there is nothing to see (blank page). Take a look --> page 6.

The default number of posts to display per page in a topic is 10. So how it is possible to have 6 pages with 47 posts ?

I have 48 topic like this on my forum sad

How can I fix this ?

Darmowe forum - Polish free forum hosting

Re: Many pages without posts ?

It appears you're using some free PunBB hosting. Am I right? In that case, I think you need to ask them.

The forum is very slow for me and I'm guessing the problem is that the number of replies in the topic isn't synchronized with the actual amount of replies that have been made. This can occur if the server times out in the middle of a request.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rickard wrote:

It appears you're using some free PunBB hosting. Am I right? In that case, I think you need to ask them.

hehe, this is my free PunBB hosting and trust me I have been asking myself many times wink This is first forum where a find this kind of problem and I don't know what to do.

The forum is very slow for me and I'm guessing the problem is that the number of replies in the topic isn't synchronized with the actual amount of replies that have been made. This can occur if the server times out in the middle of a request.

This is my Apache http.conf

Timeout 30
KeepAlive On
MaxKeepAliveRequests 100
KeepAliveTimeout 4
MaxClients 150
MinSpareServers 5
MaxSpareServers 10

On this forum they use many pictures like this:

[ url=http://www.fotosik.pl/showFullSize.php?id=c728639bd80bde2b][ img]http://images2.fotosik.pl/125/c728639bd80bde2bm.jpg[/img][/url]

Maybe this is problem of slow running roll

This is not the biggest forum that I have on server but the slowest sad To see all my forum click here.

Run the following query:

SELECT COUNT(id) FROM posts WHERE topic_id=14

Then run:

SELECT num_replies + 1 FROM topics WHERE id=14

Those two numbers should match up. If they don't, that's the problem.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Yes, both are 52. What I should do now ?

The odd thing is that only 47 posts are displayed in the topic. This means there are 5 posts that aren't displayed for some reason. My guess is that there are posts that have a poster_id (the id of the user who posted) that points to a user that for some reason has been removed the users table. Maybe you could go through the posts in the database and check?

7 (edited by tomekf 2006-08-17 15:04)

You have right. In this topic is 51 posts. 51 posts / 10 post on every page = 6 pages. But only 47 post are visible. I checked database and I find that 4 users ale lost. They were written in this topic but I don't now how they been lost (maybe delete ?). So 51-4=47 posts which are visible.

What can I do now ? How fix this ?

EDIT: I hear that they use plugin User management - v1.3 to delete all users < 10 posts. Maybe this plugin is wrong roll

I thing that I have to delete all death posts and repair num_replies in topics. But it isn't a easy way sad

Well, the easy fix is to set the user_id for the missing posts to 1. Then they should appear as guest posts. That's what PunBB does when you delete a user (unless you choose to delete the posts as well).

But I don't have this users in users in database sad

He means in the posts table wink

In posts table you can find only:

id, poster, poster_id, poster_ip, poster_email, message, hide_smilies, posted, edited, edited_by ,topic_id

So I can't change user_id to 1.

Change poster_id

I can't because poster_id=1 is not attribute to guess but another user.

Then set it to the guest user_id...

tomekf wrote:

I can't because poster_id=1 is not attribute to guess but another user.

That's impossible unless you modded PunBB

Sorry Smartys it works! Thx.

tomekf: Have a look in your users table and make sure there's a user with id = 1 that's called "Guest". If not, locate the guest user and change it's user id to 1.

Rickard wrote:

tomekf: Have a look in your users table and make sure there's a user with id = 1 that's called "Guest". If not, locate the guest user and change it's user id to 1.

He said it worked tongue

Yes, but the "I can't because poster_id=1 is not attribute to guess but another user." confused me.

I know, it confused me too tongue

He was probably looking at group_id or something =/