Topic: Myspace PunBB Script

Just thought I would share a script I wrote in about 2 hours that adds a myspace'ish feeling to the punbb forums. This is not done and is deliberately somewhat hidden away from users. Here is a working sample page http://www.ultimate-fighter.ca/my-MMA-corner.php?id=2

Basically it has friends, latest threads they started, and 4 feature blocks that can be customized. In my case they are profile, favorite fighters, best fight, favorite MMA style. I am using jscript to make the updating interface easy and clean and will be incorporating ajax when its completed.

I also linked to all the top members from the mainpage www.ultimate-fighter.ca As you can imagine the social community components really are limitless. Of course its 100% integrated into punbb the greatest forum ever made. Its not done, got another couple hours of code but it was done with punBB and thought you might dig seeing it smile

!

Re: Myspace PunBB Script

Looking nice smile

will you share when it's done? better question: will you share and port it to 1.3 when IT'S done? wink

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Very cool, although I think that it would look nicer if you added more padding between sections.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

yeah the spit and polish comes last. I find doing function then pretty saves me headaches in the long run smile I have no problem sharing it, big problem is finding the time to pack it up lol

!

6 (edited by Dr.Jeckyl 2006-08-29 17:41)

Emancipator wrote:

I have no problem sharing it, big problem is finding the time to pack it up lol

COOL!

i fixed mine up. kinda blan but i'm a newb to MMA.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Which profile is yours? Would love to check it out. I am hoping to unload the remaining features sometime today.

!

http://www.ultimate-fighter.ca/my-MMA-corner.php?id=316

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

cool smile I will be adding buttons on the board so you can add a friend / remove friend once im more ready for everyone to have a go at it. I do have links so folks can see your MMA corner under the username/avatar though.

!

Eman, I started working on the site that i ask for a programmer to help with and get paid. i just used e107 and start moding it.
im about to work with adding punbb to it. there normal forum sux.
http://extremecombat.org
keep up the kewl coding.. still like ur site better.

Q

My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!

cool, good luck with it. Gonna be honest im not terribly impressed with that site, but considering I did mine in about 2hours who am I to comment lol smile Today I am adding more features to the site 'myspace' script, loads of fun.

!

Quaker: the text of the chatbox on your site extends over the border in Firefox (2.0 Beta 2, although I don't think it has any changes that would make its rendering of that page any different than 1.5).

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.