Topic: Putting content to the right of the links

I've got a little problem, and as I'm sick my brain doesn't work (you should know how long time it has taken and how stupid javascript errors I've made sofar today)

I'm planning of doing a 'countdown' timer on my forum (as it's a racing forum) ... I've finally created a functional javascript that just replace the content of a field on it's id ... but ... I haven't figured out how to get something to be positioned on the right side of the navlinks at the top ... using conr as class will make it be positioned below the navlinks, and pushing the 'mark as read' aswell ...

so, does anyone have a clue what to add there? (in header.php around line 173 I assume wink)

2 (edited by Frank H 2006-09-06 17:20)

Re: Putting content to the right of the links

I think I've got it now ... (although it won't work in all styles, but then again, it won't work with a textstring there either on some narrow styles)

I added this in header.php, line 173 (err... I have modified my header already, so it's way off .. look for <pun_navlinks> wink), just before th ending </div> tag...

<span class=\"conr\" style=\"margin-top: -16px;\" id=\"test\">Ignore ;)</span>

Put it in front of your navlinks and make it float: right.

then it will be higher than the links ... so I would need to fiddle with the margins either way ...
(you can see it at http://forum.racing.ath.cx/ )

looks fine to me.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

6 (edited by Frank H 2006-09-06 18:00)

(it doesn't work 100% in the quicktime style (IIRC, margin thingie that disturb it), and some of the narrow ones (well, it's a too long line of text wink))