Topic: PunLA Mods?

Ive just installed the PunLA component for the Joomla! CMS
very happy with but would like to enable poll support in posts. it says on the extention site that its not enabled in PunLA but many options are available as 3rd part modifications.

i was wondering where would i find such a modificationj for PunLA?

cheers

Jp

Re: PunLA Mods?

I would imagine that most PunBB modifications should work with PunLa. My advice would be to backup your files and database, then just give installing the poll mod a shot.

If it doesn't work, then I think your best bet would be to ask at PunLa's forum.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

Pogenworst, Where can I find the punla forum?

Presumably here: http://punla.profbh.net/

I'm not sure that the PunLA project is still being maintained. sad

You may also check here: http://forge.joomla.org/sf/projects/punbla

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

Thanks pogenworst. Does Punbb work with joomla?

Pogenwurst... Sorry about mispelling your name!

If any of these packages are usable with Joomla, then yes. wink

Unfortunately, all integration projects require a developer willing to maintain them, and it would appear that PunLA is suffering from a lack of one.

Thanks, I have these packages. I thought there was/is a difference between punla (lite) and punbb. Just not sure if your punbb is designed for joomla or standalone.

How do you use punbb yourself?

The PunBB here is standalone (and I use it that way). PunLA is a modified version of PunBB designed to be integrated with Joomla. PunBB requires modifications (like those made by the PunLA project) in order to be integrated with most other software that has a user database, with Joomla being no exception.

Thanks Moderator. That clears things up nicely!