Topic: Icons specific to forum name

I was wondering if there was a mod to do this or a simple thing I can do in order to achieve this.

What I would like to do is make it so each individual forum has an icon specific to the forum.
If I didnt explain this well enough or you need more info please let me know.

Re: Icons specific to forum name

i think you want that each topic have diferent icon like in the picture this below:
http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/1268/clipboard02my2.gif

123123 wrote:

i think you want that each topic have diferent icon like in the picture this below:
http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/1268 … d02my2.gif

Yes that is correct

Bump.... really need help w/ this sad

If you speak french have a look to this i did it in my Forum and it works perfectly.

http://www.punbb.fr/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1828

Figured it out, for anyone else wondering, heres how I did it:
Go to index.php
Find (around line 41)

<div class="<?php echo $icon_type ?>"><div class="nosize"><?php echo $icon_text ?></div></div>

Replace with

<div class="<?php echo $cur_forum['forum_name'] ?><?php echo $icon_type ?>"><div class="nosize"><?php echo $icon_text ?></div></div>

Style something in your skin css file with the name
DIV.(topicnamehere)icon and
DIV.(topicnamehere}inew

pretty basic instructions i know, but it should get any curious person on the right foot.

You should probably use the forum ID instead of forum name, because if there are spaces in the class attribute, each part separated by a space is treated as a separate class applied to the tag, which may or may not cause problems but is kinda funky nonetheless.

Also, instead of <?php echo $cur_forum['forum_name'] ?><?php echo $icon_type ?>, concatenate the variables, i.e. <?php echo $cur_forum['forum_name'].$icon_type ?>.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

pogenwurst wrote:

You should probably use the forum ID instead of forum name, because if there are spaces in the class attribute, each part separated by a space is treated as a separate class applied to the tag, which may or may not cause problems but is kinda funky nonetheless.

Also, instead of <?php echo $cur_forum['forum_name'] ?><?php echo $icon_type ?>, concatenate the variables, i.e. <?php echo $cur_forum['forum_name'].$icon_type ?>.

yeah im a complete php nub but before you even posted i realised the forum ID would be a better idea.

so how it looks like with a forum ID?

123123 wrote:

so how it looks like with a forum ID?

<div class="<?php echo $cur_forum['fid'].$icon_type ?>"><div class="nosize"><?php echo $icon_text ?></div></div>
Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

Far better would be to give the <tr> an id which would be the forum id prefixed with a letter because id's can't start with a number. That way you can set the image as a background image anywhere you like or style the row in other ways to reflect different forums.

Paul wrote:

Far better would be to give the <tr> an id which would be the forum id prefixed with a letter because id's can't start with a number. That way you can set the image as a background image anywhere you like or style the row in other ways to reflect different forums.

I expected that there would be a better way to do it, but I really wasn't in the mood to think. tongue

Hello,

sorry to reactivate this pretty old thread...

I also want to have specific Icons for each Forum on the index page - but unfortunately I can not make it happen... can someone kindly post some code for the css and the index.php? I reall tried to find info about this but only found this sad - and I can not integrate it to make it work...

Thank you very much!