Topic: A useful antispam filter for PunBB

"last night an antispam saved my life..."

Hi all,

as my PunBB forum was violently spammed each time i gave full acess to all visitors, i lost a lot of visitors when i restricted write access to only registered people.
As they were often using my forum for ponctual trouble (virus, hijackers and so), and even more often are not interested to become members, the board became more than quiet and i resolved to renew write acess to all visitors.
A good antispam "saved" my life (or at least a part of my time). it's name ? Akismet for PunBB

big thanks to PS and his PunBB mod :
Akismet for PunBB

Re: A useful antispam filter for PunBB

spam will be the price you pay for guest postability. but Akismet is a wonderful tool thus far.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

3 (edited by gil 2006-09-27 20:18)

PS wrote:
abclf wrote:

I would like to make that mod evaluate guest topics only (noeither members neither moderators topics).

I don't see the point having this option, spam is spam. My forum is member only, and spammers sign up just to be able to post spam.

Hum... I don't want to register to punres only for one mail, so I give my opinion here:
I agree with abclf. The answer "spam is spam" is not completely true, as some correct mails are processed as spam.

If a member is registered, and has posted some correct messages, he has no reasons to suddenly become a spammer. So a simple rule like "no spam detection if member and current number of posts > N" (N is an admin parameter) can be added, without any problem, and without taking the risk to ban a ?usual? member.
Even if the "chance" to label "spam" a normal message is lower than 1%, it seems to me that it is better to try to reduce this percentage.

need do this:

we had so much censorship words in our admin,
so that we know if some one posted a word  including in censorship, she or he posting really be a spammer or someone we don't like,so the plugin just don't want this post to be posted,and banned it imediately .

how can anyone made it as i said?