Topic: Clash between PunPoll and Author Column Mods

Here are the snippets (I dearly hope there aren't any more clashes!):

From the modification for PunPoll:

if ($cur_topic['moved_to'] != 0)
                $subject = $lang_forum['Moved'].': '.$lang_polls['Poll'].': <a href="viewpoll.php?id='.$cur_topic['moved_to'].'">'.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['question']).'</a><br /> <span class="byuser"><b>'.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['subject']).'</b> '.$lang_common['by'].' '.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['poster']).'</span>';
            else if ($cur_topic['closed'] == '0')
                $subject = $lang_polls['Poll'].': <a href="viewpoll.php?id='.$cur_topic['id'].'">'.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['question']).'</a><br \> <span class="byuser"><b>'.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['subject']).'</b> '.$lang_common['by'].' '.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['poster']).'</span>';
            else
            {
                $subject = $lang_polls['Poll'].': <a href="viewpoll.php?id='.$cur_topic['id'].'">'.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['question']).'</a><br /> <span class="byuser"><b>'.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['subject']).'</b> '.$lang_common['by'].' '.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['poster']).'</span>';
                $icon_text = $lang_common['Closed icon'];
                $item_status = 'iclosed';
            }

The modification after Author Column mod overrides it:

if ($cur_topic['moved_to'] != 0)
            // <!-- MOD AUTHOR COLUMN 1 line folowing modified -->
            $subject = $lang_forum['Moved'].': <a href="viewtopic.php?id='.$cur_topic['moved_to'].'">'.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['subject']).'</a>';
        else if ($cur_topic['closed'] == '0')
            $subject = '<a href="viewtopic.php?id='.$cur_topic['id'].'">'.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['subject']).'</a>';
        else
        {
            $subject = '<a href="viewtopic.php?id='.$cur_topic['id'].'">'.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['subject']).'</a>';

}

Could someone merge these two for me?? sad sad sad

2 (edited by YtseJam 2006-10-01 19:58)

Re: Clash between PunPoll and Author Column Mods

Jeezy what a mess.

PunPoll -- http://www.punres.org/desc.php?pid=60
Author Column -- http://www.punres.org/viewtopic.php?id=828

If someone could merge these..

As far as I can tell, all that the Author Column code is doing is removing the "by [whoever]" statement, so just use the code that came with the poll mod and the CSS I provided in your other topic, and I think you should be fine.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

Nope, if you will compare the changes of these mods in conjuction with original viewtopic.php, you will see that Author Column overides the changes that PunPoll did to it...

I tried messing with it, but I am obviously no wiz at this and had to revert to a backup.

Let me rephrase that:

- Do the poll mod change
- Do not do the author column mod change

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

Ah. I see now, but the idea was to *keep* the author name, just in s prettier way. heh. smile
blechs.

can someone tell me how to use both? I had to remove the views column because these kids kept hammering f5 to drive the views up. Now the board looks a little off. I would love to move the author over to its own column but I cant because I have the poll mod.

Thanks anyone that can make this work!

anyone? maybe this should be under trouble shooting?