Topic: Open Office 2.0.4

I've been using Open Office for some time now, it does everything I need, I'm free of upgrade costs and it runs on both Windows and Linux.

One thing that has always dogged me was the slow load times, until I tried the 2.0.4rc3 build. Now it loads in under 2 seconds on my machine and it feels quicker in operation.

Open Office is in the process of integrating Thunderbird with the Lightning calendar into the suite, it's going to be an interesting 2007.

Re: Open Office 2.0.4

I have just turned to it... after many years of dodgy office copies...

I am very impressed... In fact. MS Office is a no go for me now. big_smile

OpenOffice is nice, but I have to use MS Office for school (Excel, Access, ...) sad

But on Linux it'll always be my first choice =P

Oh, and another office software I like is Ashampoo's. It has about the same features as MS Office, but is only like 30$.

I'm still anticipating(!) the final release of 2.0.4. :]

<3 OOo. I also like the fact that I can export documents to the PDF format, for example.

Not all documents. With oOo 2.0.3 I can't do clean PDF export of Writer documents, all the TrueType fonts are replaced by another one.

Jérémie wrote:

Not all documents. With oOo 2.0.3 I can't do clean PDF export of Writer documents, all the TrueType fonts are replaced by another one.

Oh, no, I meant documents that I create in 'Writer' > PDF.

I meant the same smile oOo can't export some TrueType fonts in PDF.