Topic: Multiple Forums assigned to the same post

A mod or plugin for this would be heavenly. We live in a world of 'tagging' where the concept of categories is fading. Tags are fantastic, because like GMail's labels, they allow a fluid category architecture. You have all content in one place, but you see it as Views. Is there anything like this for PunBB?

Thanks.

Re: Multiple Forums assigned to the same post

Hrmm... so basically the ability to tag threads on a per user basis?

No, that could run out of control. I would like moderators or admins to be able to associate the same discussion with more than one forum.

4 (edited by deadram 2006-10-10 16:22)

You could always right a mod to make "moved to" topics in the requested forum(s). It's a simple cheap way to solve the problem. If you were really gutsy you could expand on it and add a colum to the topics table to have "linked" topic redirects in multiple forums.

For now you can just move the topic to each forum you wanted a redirect in, but I'm not sure how many moves a topic can go through. Also I believe there is a small bug with moved topics that causes the last few topics in said forum to not show up in the list (iff they span multiple pages).

echo "deadram"; echo; fortune;